add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
SackNPally

10 months ago

Hey all, refining my part list before ordering it. Just looking for last minute adjustments, advice, etc. Also let me know what you think about it, I’d love to hear feedback about this build!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/SackNPally/saved/dfj6sY

Thanks everyone!

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Whats the build for? (gaming/streaming/editing/rendering/etc)

The 2700X deserves an X470 chipset for a more balanced voltage offset, improved power draw and optimisations to hit that higher auto-turbo clock ceiling. Something like this: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/4D7v6h/msi-x470-gaming-plus-atx-am4-motherboard-x470-gaming-plus

This SSD (same performance, same price) to eliminate cables for easier cable management: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/fgZFf7/crucial-mx500-500gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-ct500mx500ssd4

For gaming on 1080p, the RTX 2070 doesn't really justify the asking price for a small increase in actionable performance. At best in demanding games, you may pick off around 10-15fps on top. The RTX 2060 @ 1080p is the better performance to cost upshot.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Gaming and Streaming, with editing mixed in as well.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Excellent, the 2700X is a great choice!

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

All I would do is get a higher quality case, with a glass side panel

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Any recommendations that are on the cheaper side?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Phanteks P300 (Or P350X if you want RGB)

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

p300 comes with a tiny bit of rgb lol

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

i will say that the Fractal Focus G is a good case, judging from what i've heard, also the Deepcool - TESSERACT SW has decent reviews. (don't know any good ones without a 5.25 drive, i never see those get recommended for some reason)

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Here is what I would do. Some changes. Now I did add a rgb ram for 110 buck but you can always change that for G.skillz v ripjaws 16gb kit 3200 for like 99 buck. I was just trying to add a splash of color. Also depending on what your doing you can go with a asus rog strix 2060 and save some money but I think this will be nice overall. Good luck with your build and let us know what you finally choose.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 7 2700X 3.7 GHz 8-Core Processor $299.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard $119.99 @ Newegg
Memory Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $109.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $67.99 @ Adorama
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB WINDFORCE Video Card $498.99 @ SuperBiiz
Case NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $76.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Gigabyte - 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $94.27 @ Newegg
Monitor ViewSonic - XG2401 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $199.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1523.19
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-07 19:40 EST-0500
You can also add case fans to your liking to this case or another case I think is nice is the Cooler Master H500 and the EVGA DG-76 case is nice too. Just trying to give you options. These ideas are just options to consider.
The thing im wondering is if the 2070 gpu going to bottleneck on the 2700x. Just things to consider i suppose.
[comment deleted]
  • 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah? Is this one comparable?

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

No way!

The Seasonic gold+ FX is miles superior!!! Better quality, newer capacitors, excellent protection features....super efficiency and so much newer. For me, 2018/2019.....Seasonic maintains its position as "TOP NOTCH" by all standards.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

It's good, but it's protections aren't excellent as OCP is configured far too loose. It's to the point ripple goes way out of ATX spec when overloaded. (around 240mV! Double from ATX Spec!)

It's also loud and certainly doesn't have a FDB bearing like SS says it does. The company that makes the fan that the Focus uses doesn't make FDB bearings! Like most units, it's single rail with no 12v OCP (OPP handles this(Which is common, but I don't like to see it.))

The Bitfenix Whisper M is a superior unit. The 450w and 550w units are triple rail (Admittedly, you shouldn't use RTX 2080ti, but why would you use a 550w unit with a 2080ti?!) The 650w is quad rail and has none of these issues.

Corsair RMx is a single rail design as well, but CWT properly set those protections! Everything works perfectly and safely.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm absolutely familiar with all these profoundly exhaustive reviews from the power-critics which at times are far too expressive in an overtly expounded manner. In artificial load test conditions, much of the smaller details have zero significance in real-time credible rated values. Unless the subjects fail miserably in these tough synthetic tests, or produces poor performance at lower rated values, the rest is simply a hard-pressed critical analysis which amounts to nothing in real-world performance outcomes.

If you refer to the smaller fine-prints, each of the benchmarkers will confirm their test methodology consisting of pushing the rated loads to their absolute max or in the least, closing in on the units rated temp ceiling (or a combination of both). In such conditions, the protection features and their proficiency is already on over-drive hence 'minor' negating appraisals are simply negligible. I am yet to see Seasonic fail on any of these hefty power draw torture tests hence a long-lasting versatile champion in it's own right. Something we can’t say in reference to Corsair and Bitfenix who have had plenty of shaky runs

On top - from all the various brands out there, only Seasonic commits to having their shelved units (batches intended for retail) tested with tomshardware, hardocp, kitguru, etc. This is testament to Seasonics in-house fully tailored authority and resolve, most of all long-standing fortitude. Both Corsair and BitFenix are reviewed with more variable outcomes across the board where Quality-reassurance is not always in-line with quality production methods. Whereas Seasonic units are produced in-house with open-quarters and fully inspected in all aspects of quality assurance. Although credit to Corsair (RMX/TXM) and Bitfenix (M-series) for their recent triumph.

The Bitfenix Whisper M is a superior unit.

You could say that if based on random stress tests with positive results (which is true on current offerings under the 850W mark), but i'm not so big on CWT OEM units with third party branding regardless of current enthused recompenses. Would I purchase one, if the price is good, absolutely! Its a great unit! I went for a Evga G3, for £25 less than Seasonic in 2017....knowingly being inferior by a small degree but value counts when you have decent offerings at hand outside of the torture synthetic rush.

It's also loud

Incorrect by a clear mile!! It's not the quietest of PSU's “on load” but definitely a respectable audible range as expected. I own 2 of these buggers in our hefty render-workstation rigs and they're barely noticeable with case fan overshadowing noise levels. My G3, G2 and

The 450w and 550w units are triple rail (Admittedly, you shouldn't use RTX 2080ti, but why would you use a 550w unit with a 2080ti?!) The 650w is quad rail and has none of these issues.

Who is using a 2080 TI? The OP is running with an RTX 2070

Corsair RMx is a single rail design as well, but CWT properly set those protections! Everything works perfectly and safely.

Why are we comparing Corsair/Bitfenix......the OP was looking to secure some comparable info between the initial Seasonic selection and the above posters recommendation of taking a 4/5 year old unit (can’t recall which one now as the poster deleted his post).

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube