add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
izoida

9 months ago

Hi guys, I am planning to build my first PC. I have never built one in the past and was never really IT person.

My aim is to get a gaming PC that could run most of the newest games on Ultra setting. My budget is 800£ (i'm from UK) and i am only looking at the performance of PC, and don't care about the looks.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions on improvements/reduction in cost.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/izoida/saved/pxqD23

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Pretty good imo, unless you need more then 480GB of storage.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I was wondering whether it is worth getting rid of SSD and going for cheaper storage but with more GB? The PC is mainly for gaming and i don't really care if it takes slightly longer to boot when turning on the PC.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Generally, a 240GB SSD and a 2TB Barracuda would be best. (an SSD to run an OS off of and an HDD to store games)

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

TBH i doubt i will need 2TB space, im not the kind of person to keep a lot of games on pc, max 2-3 games on my current pc at the time, and this is only taking up 180GB. Plus that's extra money.

Does storage make a difference in anything else rather than speeding up the booting?

Thanks

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

An SSD improves program loading times as well. Since you only use 180GB of storage, a 480GB SSD would be best (so you could store everything and have room leftover for more games).

(In case I'm misunderstanding your question: SSD's start slowing down once they are 75% full, but it shouldn't make a real-world difference unless it is almost completely full.)

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The MW Bronze is a bottom of the barrel of acceptable PSUs.

Since you're in the UK, I'd suggest a better unit such as the be quiet! Pure Power 11 CM

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube