add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I Need Help! $1500 budget

Exav0lt

8 months ago

I am a freshman from new york in high school and I need a gaming pc for my Esports team. My budget is 1500, but I want 1000 for the pc, and 500 for the mouse, keyboard, 144hz monitor and speaker. if you can fit the artics 5 SteelSeries headset then, by all means, please do so. I will push for 1600 and if I can then I will update you guys. I would love a little bit of RGB. and the games I will be playing are Csgo, Rainbow Six, Pubg, and DayZ. The os is windows 10 pro. I'm planning on buying this build soon. but I really need help in this department. I'm new to it and I want to get rid of my 2013 Xbox one. Thank you for your time and have an amazing day!

@iPhoneExtraviganza Helped me with the build, I made some tweaks to the peripherals but kept the pc build. here is the link if your interested https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Exav0lt/saved/#view=Jt46sY iPhone made some really compelling arguments and proved the use and long-run quality of the pc. So thank you iPhone for making my First pc! and ill make sure to make a post when I build it!

(but I am still open to more inputs, feel free to add your point of view!)

Comments

• 8 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $268.00 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Thermalright - Macho Rev.B 73.6 CFM CPU Cooler $49.90 @ Amazon
Motherboard Gigabyte - Z390 AORUS PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $181.92 @ Amazon
Memory G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $69.95 @ B&H
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.99 @ Newegg
Video Card Gigabyte - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB WINDFORCE OC Video Card $369.99 @ Newegg
Case NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $76.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.89 @ OutletPC
Monitor Acer - ED242QR Abidpx 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $169.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Velocifire - TKL02 Wired Standard Keyboard $30.99 @ Amazon
Mouse Logitech - G305 (Black) Wireless Optical Mouse $49.25 @ Walmart
Headphones Sennheiser - GAME ONE Headset $117.76 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total (before mail-in rebates) $1599.61
Mail-in rebates -$20.00
Total $1579.61
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-06 08:27 EST-0500
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Btw the sennhieser game one are better than steeleseries by far

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok, I'll take your word for it.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Question, do you think ill be able to run the games I mentioned at ultra no problem?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

CS:GO and rainbow six yes, pubg probably not.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Check the description :)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

What part of NY you from? Im from queens. Also made some changes to your 2nd saved part list. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Cooler Corsair - H60 (2018) 57.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $65.91 @ Amazon
Motherboard ASRock - Z390 Phantom Gaming SLI/ac ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $129.99 @ Newegg
Memory G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage Crucial - MX500 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $69.95 @ B&H
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.99 @ Newegg
Video Card MSI - GeForce RTX 2070 8 GB Video Card $489.99 @ Newegg
Case NZXT - H500 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case $76.99 @ Amazon
Power Supply Corsair - CXM 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $59.99 @ Amazon
Monitor Acer - ED242QR Abidpx 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $169.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Corsair - K55 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard $46.99 @ Amazon
Mouse Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse $44.97 @ Walmart
Headphones SteelSeries - Arctis 3 (Black) 7.1 Channel Headset $89.99 @ Amazon
Total $1647.74
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-06 14:07 EST-0500

The 2070 should be better suited for 1080p 144-240fps ultra gaming.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm from long island, but this is over my budget and if you think pushing a Spanish parent for 100 more bucks is easy. then your living well. but I do like what you did with the peripherals. I am actually interested in that mouse, looks really good. but I was planning on sticking with the arctis 5 because of the more benefits you get ( RRRGGGGGBBBB!) but I think the 2070 is a good decision especially with the games and level that I'm playing at.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh yeah I know all about Spanish parents lol. I have a pair of the Arctis 3 and I can vouch for how good they are. I have had them sustain HEAVY abuse (dogs chewing it a bit, many drops the the ground, slamming them at the table when getting angry when I have my crosshair on the ct's head but because of ak reasons it doesn't even hit, etc.) and they still work like new (they are also super comfy for long gaming sessions as I can wear them for 8+ hours without even realizing they are even there and they are pretty big so if you have a big head they are even better) but this is coming from the older version of the headset (legacy) so i'm not too sure with the more recent version. But the upgrade to the arctis 5 is only $10 so it is ultimately up to you but if you do get the 5 go for the legacy as I do believe they are bigger than the new version. And for the mouse it is considered one of the best out there for gaming as you can customize how heavy it is and the overall feel of it. But personally the Razer mamba TE is where its at chief (hella rgb customization) on amazon it says its $100 but I bought it on there for like 60-70. One more thing, the monitor I included is freesync that i'm not too sure is supported by nvidia so this monitor has freesync and is supported by nvidia so getting a gsync monitor isn't necessary.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

ok, first thing when I get this pc we are playing cs. and what is free sync and what can it do? (I'm new man. I don't know jackshit) and im the hella broke so I don't think ill be able to get the free sync monitor

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

You can learn about freesync and gsync here and the monitor that is included in the partlist (not the one I told you after the fact) has freesync but with a new update to nvidia cards (it is now allowing only a few monitors that have freesync to work with them basically allowing gsync on a freesync monitor but with the lower price of freesync) only a few freesync monitors work with nvidia cards and the old one doesn't work but the new one does (sorry if it is hard to follow that I haven't slept all night, i'm tired leave me alone).

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

The G502 is great, I use it myself... However, there's a newer model than the Proteus Spectrum. It's call the G502 HERO

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Ya i'm not sure about Logitech products so I didn't know, but thanks for the info.

• 8 months ago
  • 0 points

My opinion of the build

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Pure Rock Slim 35.14 CFM CPU Cooler $29.98 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard MSI - Z390-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $119.99 @ B&H
Memory *G.Skill - Aegis 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $79.99 @ Newegg
Storage ADATA - Ultimate SU800 512 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $62.99 @ Amazon
Video Card *EVGA - GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB XC BLACK GAMING Video Card $349.99 @ B&H
Case Deepcool - MATREXX 55 ADD-RGB ATX Mid Tower Case $62.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply *Rosewill - 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $34.99 @ Newegg
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit $139.99 @ Other World Computing
Monitor MSI - Optix MAG241C 23.6" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $209.99 @ B&H
Keyboard Logitech - G Pro Wired Gaming Keyboard $108.99 @ Amazon
Mouse Logitech - G502 Proteus Spectrum Wired Optical Mouse $44.97 @ Walmart
Speakers Logitech - Z200 0 nW 2ch Speakers $24.00 @ SuperBiiz
Other SteelSeries Arctis 5 (2019 Edition) RGB Illuminated Gaming Headset with DTS Headphone:X v2.0 Surround for PC and Playstation 4 - Black $99.99 @ Amazon
Total $1636.84
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-03-06 14:11 EST-0500
  • 8 months ago
  • 2 points

There is much more to PSU's than just effiency which is actually meaningless when it comes to how good or bad a unit is. Also that unit has no reviews. A parametric filter like that will not work a for a PSU.

Also why Windows 10 Pro?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

The person asked for Pro and I see I’ll definitely do my research into PSU’s and make a more informed decision next time

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

now I do understand you can decrease over 100$ with a windows key that you can buy online, but to be completely honest. this isn't that bad of a build. you got the headset and the speakers. you did Choose well on the peripheral. and you did ditch a hard drive but that can always be bought down the line. and you did fulfill my RGB craze with the case. so to be honest. this is a pretty solid build. I might even ask my cousin to build this one. just might sub for trident RGB ram, a hard drive and maybe some razer nommos. or even a 2070, an i7 and he should be good. idk thoughts!?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

The sale of those keys violate Microsoft ToS, and the keys may be unexpectedly disabled. Recommending, suggesting, advising, encouraging, hinting, or in any way implying these keys as a solution or option is not allowed on this site.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

I am so sorry. It won't happen again.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

For just gaming the i5 9th gen will be perfect I would only recommend i7 if you want to stream. Also the 2070 isn’t the best bang for your buck only getting around 9 percent more FPS for 1080p gaming for on average $200 dollars more.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, this looks a bit more promising. how do you think this will hold with streaming and the games I listed?

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

The main things i see wrong with his list is nvme (does not boot or load games or programs faster than a normal ssd, only for transfsrring very large files but for almost twice the price). The aio is worse value than the cpu cooler i chose (h100x is an older corsair aio anyway but the air cooler i chose performs similar), 3200mhz will offer little improvement in gaming over 3000mhz and the sennhesier headset is a lot better for $17 more.

What i like about his list is that he dropped the gpu to a 1660ti so you can afford a 240hz monitor. This will arguably be better for esports, but it depends on how competitive you are (if you're playing for fun or at a professional level), the games you'l be playing (esports games tend to be a lot less demanding like csgo, but check benchmarks) and your personal preference (some people dont notice much of a dif between 144hz and 240hz)

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

You do make a valid point. and he did go over my budget a bit. but I am planning on playing for my school, and they do go on some pretty heavy tournaments. and I do like the artics 5 because of the looks and I have gotten some recommendations. but I tend to focus on playing on a more recreational level so a 144hz might be a better approach. and you did talk about how I might not be able to stream.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

You should be able to stream alright, just a 2060 would do the job better. Or you could get a ryzen 5 2600 which wont be as good for games but good enough for streaming.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes it's cheaper than a 500gb ssd +2tb hdd but there are some factors to consider:

For most people 500gb of specifically ssd storage is usually enough, because it only matter about putting the software you use regularly and want to load fast on there (for most). The rest can go on the hdd and its usually small files so the dif between loading times wouldnt be as significant.

The nvme ssd will likely be unreliable, or at least less reliable than their sata counterparts at the same price cus they'd have had to skip some stuff to get the nvme so cheap. Given that a user may not benefit from high sequential read and writes i think it'd be better to go for the more reliable drive.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

wow, Thank you so much! I might just buy this build. Thank you so much for your time! the info you showed me is so clear and easy to understand I really appreciate it!

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

If you want the stream, the 9600k wont be great for that. You'd probably be better off using nvenc which uses your gpu. The 2060 has a better integrated encoder so if u care about streaming this is something to consider.

• 8 months ago
  • 1 point

:)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube