2 months ago
Hello! My daughter and I want to get into gaming, and need some help. We figured all we had to do was walk into a store like Best Buy, and walk out with a gaming pc. Thank goodness they don't carry a lot in their store, which caused us to do some research online. Needless to say, we're now totally overwhelmed with what to choose.
Since we can only afford one gaming computer at the moment, the plan is to purchase or build one computer now, and then a second in a few months. The $2,000 budget is for the first one, and we'll have the other $2000 by mid July. Here's what we're looking for:
- Budget: $2,000
- Location: USA
- Use (gaming, rendering, etc): Gaming and Streaming on YouTube
- Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc): Suggestions on affordable G-Sync Monitors would be great. Also, silent or as quiet as possible keyboard suggestions too. We hate the sounds of clicking during people's Live Stream Gaming Sessions, and don't want to do the same.
- Tower: Mid Tower (ATX) or ? Not worried about size.
- New or Used Parts: New
- Overclocking: I have no idea if we need it or should have it??
- Color Theme: If it glows with multi colors, we like it! :) If we can change the colors, even better! Not picky if cases are white or black, as long as you can see inside. But, have no problem sacrificing colors for better parts elsewhere.
- Games: We're looking into ARK, Monster Hunter, and The Isle, on Steam. Plus some goofy other ones. But, our main game will probably be "The Isle". Their requirements are: Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system OS: Windows 10 64-bit or later (64 Bit ONLY) Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 3.4 GHz or faster. Memory: 16 GB RAM Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 DirectX: Version 11 Network: Broadband Internet connection Storage: 25 GB available space
Needless to say, we want something more than those specs though! Something fast, quiet, cool running, and high FPS without issues while streaming live. It needs to handle the games, OBS, YouTube, some editing, and regular old surfing the web. The reviews on here seem to indicate that the Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor, and EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB, with 32GB RAM, is the way to go. You Tube videos seem to show the same. I just have no idea where to go from there!
This is what I can get from Best Buy with $2000: CybertronPC - CLX SET Desktop - Intel Core i7-8700K - 32GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti - 240GB SSD + 3TB HDD - White/Red - Model:TGMSETGXH7907WR (There's a lot more specs on their website, not sure if I'm allowed to put the link on here). Any reason to buy or not buy that Cybertron?
Almost forgot, no Wi-Fi is needed, just Ethernet.
Anyway, I'd really appreciate a part list (or any other input)! My daughter and I are SO ready to start gaming :) Thank you!!!