add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How do you RMA Team Group products?

Ookgluk32

10 months ago

I bought some Team Group T-Force RGB 2x4GB 3000MHz RAM, and after some BSOD issues, I figured out that one of them was faulty. I went on to Team's website to figure out how to get an RMA, but couldn't find the info anywhere! I sent a message to the Team support using their website's form, but it has been over a week and no response yet. What am I to do? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

What have you thought of the RGB effects? Are they bright? might buy as a cheap alternative to corsair/g.skills

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

They are definitely bright, however with the color cycle effect, one of them cycles slightly faster than the other.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 10 months ago
  • 1 point

I am guessing you have a Ryzen 2xxx and I can almost guarantee you that you are getting BSODs because of RAM incomptibility and not because of them being faulty. I just went through this with a client and was able to fix it for them pretty easily.

PM me if you would like some help resolving this issue before you RMA.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

How do you fix this? Just wondering if I do get them

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

His specific modules are not on the QVL for his motherboard meaning that they aren't guaranteed to run at the rated speed (3000MHz). They might though, especially since Agesa 1.0.0.6 was applied to B450 boards a few months ago which improved memory compatibility and stability quite a bit. However, the "fix" would be to run them at a lower speed using DOCP, so with that in mind, you would be better off just buying lower speed modules OR buying RAM that is on the QVL which would be my recommendation, ESPECIALLY if you are wanting to go over 2666Mhz on a Ryzen chipset.. There are other factors too when it comes to this as well such as the die used, command rate, timings, single vs. dual rank, etc.. So yea, just follow the QVL and get the best performing RAM on that list that is in your price range.

TL;DR : Look at the QVL for your motherboard.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, so if I get a mobo that supports 3000 and my ram is 3000 I should be fine?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

No...

There is a QVL (Qualified Vendors List) for every motherboard that will explicitly tell you what memory WILL WORK. That doesn't meant that memory NOT on the QVL won't work, just that it has been verified. The longer a chipset/motherboard is out, more items are added to that list..

Here is an example of a QVL for a B350 ASUS Strix.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Ahh, ok. Thanks

• 10 months ago
  • 3 points

I'm retarded. Thanks!

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Don't troll.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

im not im being legit

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube