add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Fed up with PC enthusiasts on youtube

connor333

2 months ago

I bought a gigabyte 2080 OC recently, and noticed that the fans rev off and on before staying on consistently. I was immediately concerned and after some research discovered that this is a well known problem. Their gigabyte forum is flooded with people wondering the same as I initially was: http://forum.gigabyte.us/board/14/nvidia-gpus

So I'm thinking of returning the card, but when I did research with various youtubers, not one has mentioned the fan issue that is an obvious problem. And maybe it doesn't happen with every card, but Jayztwocents, Linus, and the many that have a healthy review base never even speak up about such issue, can you even trust them?

I'm thinking of updating the bios since that's supposed to help with the RPM's, but it looks intimidating. The software they provide on gigabyte's site is supposed to make it much easier, but I tried said software and it's so outdated that it won't work on windows 10 or current GPU's, despite it being in gigabyte's link on the said 2080 GPU. Amazing.

Comments

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Msi afterburner is your best friend kek.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah...again don't think it's right having to fix it for them when paying that much.

• 2 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, my powercolor rx 480 had the same issue of the fans turning off and on.

Adjusting my own custom fan curve solved this issue.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube