add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Pick me a keyboard!

Ookgluk32

9 months ago

I need: - Full Size (Not TKL) - RGB Backlighting (And ability to turn it off) - Mechanical (Clicky or Linear, preferably Cherry MX, but others are okay) - No coloured accents (Keyboard needs to be all black) - Preferably around or under $150 CAD. Thanks!

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

https://mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=4283 (i dont know what prices will be like in canada)

https://www.amazon.ca/MasterKeys-Mechanical-Keyboard-Intelligent-Switches/dp/B01D3BDN60/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=coolermaster+masterkeys+pro&qid=1551352128&s=gateway&sr=8- higher quality than corsair k95 for much less

https://www.amazon.ca/Redragon-K557-Backlit-Mechanical-Keyboard/dp/B01N7G9CRE/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=k557&qid=1551352581&s=gateway&sr=8-1&th=1 if you want to spend less, but it comes with outemu switches & worse quality but is decent for the price

and an ikbc f108 or mf108 depending on the price (mf108 is the better version)

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for your suggestions. I will probably end up going with the Ducky, as it did really well in reviews and has nifty name.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The GMMK should fit into your price range. It is RGB, has an option for PBT keycaps (although you could buy different keycaps if you don't like the "pudding" style keycaps), and is fully modular with a huge selection of different switches. I would recommend these switches:

• Kailh Speed Gold/Pink (clicky switches with high actuation points. The latter has the clickbar design, so it is significantly louder, however it does sacrifice tactility slightly. The former feels very similar to a blue switch, however with a slightly heavier spring and a much deeper click.)

• Kailh Box Red (linear with a box design. It is famous for its 'box' design which makes it water and dust resistant.)

• Kailh Box White/Jade/Navy (linear + clicky switches with a box design. The former is basically a Box Red with a click bar, so it has a mostly linear feel, but it makes a loud noise when actuated. The Jade uses a thick click bar, for a much louder click and a slightly more tactile feel. The Navy is a Box Jade with a heavier spring).

• Any Cherry/Gateron switches, although be warned that the former can become expensive when buying in bulk.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Kailh Box Switches are good but idk if you've heard, they've had lots of problems with their stem tolerances which has lead to people's keycaps cracking. It can depend on the keycaps (i think it's more common with abs or thin keycaps). I've heard some people have still had issues with the retooled box switches (which meant to fix the issue) and i kailh has made a 3rd revision. Not really sure about this though, you could look into it a bit more yourself.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd rather get new, and the brand-new price is about double what I'm looking for. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube