add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Software to flash Bios of RTX 2080?

connor333

9 months ago

I want to update the bios of my Gigabyte 2080. It seemed simple enough with the software that gigabyte says to download, but appears that such software was used for ancient GPU's (Gigabyte's "easy boost.")

Any other free software programs that make it simple?

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

The best thread of information I have found for the 2080 Ti was the "owners club" posts on Overclock.net. The one for the 2080 is at https://www.overclock.net/forum/69-nvidia/1706274-official-nvidia-rtx-2080-owner-s-club.html. It links to some versions of NVFlash that you can use to flash a new BIOS. It also has links to the BIOSes in the TechPowerUp database

With the ROM in the same folder as nvflash.exe the command is something like:

nvflash.exe <rom_filename>

If it is a ROM from another manufacturer you'll need to use the -6 option like:

nvflash.exe -6 <rom_filename>

For reference, I'm getting a huge performance boost by running the Palit 2080 Ti BIOS on my FE card (basically giving a higher power limit than stock).

Keep in mind, none of this is official and is very likely a "use at your own risk" kind of thing.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube