add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Vega 64 vs rtx 2070 please help

mahdi250
  • 12 months ago

Ok guys I can buy a Vega 64 with 3 games for 539 cad or a rtx 2070 for 660 cad i watched some benchmarks and the thing is that idk who is telling the truth some times the rtx wins and some times the Vega wins so I need help knowing what’s the best one for me and yeah I’m using a r5 2600x Thanks

Comments

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

I would say the VEGA package looks like the better deal, but I would avoid it if it's a"blower" style cooler as these dissipate a lot of heat and will run loud with blowers. If it's a 3rd party cooling design (3 large fans), then I'd say go for it.

I don't think you should concern yourself with whether reviewers are telling the "truth." The issue here is that AMD and Nvidia architectures are different, and their drivers are different, so it's not uncommon for them to trade blows depending on the specific workloads.

If you have a G-sync display, obviously, 2070, otherwise, doesn't matter.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thank you so much for your help

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

Vega 64 is a good card, albeit last gen, and will eat power. RTX 2070 is a newer card with lower TDP. Both trade blows but an OC RTX 2070 will likely edge it on many titles, although you likely will not perceive a difference. I personally recommend to check your monitor - Gsync vs Freesync. If neither, go with RTX 2070. If former, go RTX 2070, if latter, the AMD card. On off chance monitor is supported for Nvidia Freesync, then go with RTX 2070.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

The Freesync vs G-Sync argument can't be solely used anymore. Since NVidia GPU's can use Freesync on most monitors (although it's performance may vary), that negates some of the bias for one over the other.

• 12 months ago
  • 1 point

also remember check your PSU if it has enough juice for both cards

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube