add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How to clean thermal pads off of GPU?

connor333

9 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26y_6bnXNkc I'm talking about 3:29

I need to replace my thermal pads and wondering how to clean properly off of memory at 3:29 like in that vid. I can't find a tutorial anywhwere on that part. Even in this vid he just magically has new pads on at the end.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

I scrape them off with a credit card or something plastic, then I clean up the residue with 90% rubbing alcohol.

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks, I was going to try a pastic card. Wasn't sure how fragile the memory is and such. Don't want to ruin the 1080ti

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube