add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Do I have postive pressure in case?

connor333

9 months ago

I know positive pressure is better than negative pressure. I FINALLY have my case at a perfect point where the fans aren't loud but cool everything nicely:

2x 140mm fans in front for intake

2x 120mm fans for exhaust

As much as I like the results, the 120mm fans are spinning faster than intake by about 400rpm. But since they are only 120mm, do I still have positive pressure in case?

Again, I don't really want to turn up fans in front if necessary since I'm big on having the quietest case possible while having good airlfow.

Comments

• 9 months ago
  • 1 point

Without knowing your case, what fans you have and where the exhaust is located, I can't provide any solid advice.

Yes, your 120mm fans would need to spin faster than the 140mm to keep the airflow balanced (if the fans were equal).

Positive pressure is good for keeping out dust (but you also need filters). You still need to move air THROUGH the case to cool the case, regardless of the pressure differential. You did state "I FINALLY have my case at a perfect point where the fans aren't loud but cool everything nicely". If you are happy with the balance, does it really matter if it is positively pressured?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube