add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My GPU cooks my CPU AIO

Benjamin1966
  • 15 months ago

I've got a 2080ti and a top mounted AIO cooling my i9 9900k. When gaming it can get up to 75C and ramps the fans up to 100% on the motherboard. I'm wondering if I mount the AIO in the front how much my GPU temps will change?

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Those temperatures are about around I would expect.

A 9900k on a decent AIO should idle 30 to 40 degrees, with intensive gaming or a cinebench test will ramp to about 80 degrees.

A 2080ti will hit 80 during intensive gaming or stress testing. They are rated for about 90 degrees.

The fans will ramp up because that's what they should be doing at 75 degrees. I'd be worried if my fans Weren't ramping up to 100% at that temperature.

What case do you have? What AIO? What fan setup do you have apart from the AIO?

Front mounting will likely increase the temperature on the GPU because the CPU will be intaking cool air from the front, heating it and blowing it into the case.

I'd consider replacing the front panel fans with Noctua Industrial 2000RPM models, so that you can draw in more cool air when required.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah I've already got some nice noctua fans in the front. Check my build. The GPU hasn't gone over 62C so that fine. I just don't like the noise when the fans are at max speed. They make this whining noise when changing rpms.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Mack's talking about these fans. I have these on an old HWLabs radiator and IMO they're the best you can get. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/GLW9TW/noctua-case-fan-nff12industrialppc2000

I have an h150i as well and......... it's not impressive, but at least mine is quiet and it doesn't make any noise. My EVGA clc 280 beats the h150i by 10c on a few different processors, but the clc 280 is LOUD.

Are you sure the squealing noise isn't just one fan with a bad bearing?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube