add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Ever reapplied paste to a GPU?

connor333

10 months ago

Seems relatively simple. I want to try it with my 1080ti sc2 since it's running hotter than I'd like. 77 degrees is the max which doesn't seem like much, but with one fan going to 70 and the other at 80 on a default curve, it's pretty loud.

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Just take out the screws make notes where they go, try not to break the fan cable... Rub of the dried paste. Pop on a pea sized amount of decent paste then carefully put it back together remembering where the screws go

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah it looks easy enough was seeing if ppl liked their results. My 1080ti is used so I thought it would be worth trying it out.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Its worth trying out, i do it to every used card i get although they tend to be older than a 1080 ti

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah the paste is like 10 bucks so thought it would be worth a try. My GTX 970 wasn't this loud and the airflow is great for the 1080ti

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Just did it, and love the results. Much quieter!

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Should be cooler also, happy to hear

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah loads of times, do it as part of changing block's but done it a few times on the GPU when replacing the same cooler again,

Not seen massive gains, couple of degrees was best I saw, but paste job from factory was reasonable. Know few people who had very poor application from the factory and re pasting did help a decent amount.

May not see a massive change, but give it a shot if you have some time I suppose.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Just did it, and very satisfied with results. Card runs cooler and more importantly, much quieter!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube