add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cable and GPU modding

HiroNewf

10 months ago

I want to add some custom parts to my up coming build. Is there a difference between different cables extensions? When I search them up there is so many to pick all look the same does it matter which ones I go with? Also I would like to get a GPU holder so that I can see the Fans on my Graphics Card. Does anyone have any they would recommend? If anyone could answer my questions that would be a big help!

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

For the cable extensions you will typically get what you pay for. Some people say that there are some solid units for cheap on eBay, but I haven't used those. CableMod is pretty much the standard for, well, cable mods. You can check their site for different kits. They have extensions but they also have kits for a semi/ modular PSU, but you will want to make sure you 100% pick the correct PSU because different manufacturers wire their PSU's differently and if you use the wrong cable it can literally explode. For the GPU bracket the fact that you want to see the fans means that you want a vertical GPU mount. To my knowledge you will need to have a case that supports vertical GPU's otherwise you won't be able to (easily) access the GPU I/O.

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Ok thanks for all the help. How would I know if my case supports vertical Gpu's?

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 10 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I will not be putting another card into the system anytime soon so that doesn't matter to me.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube