• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

TheNormalName 3 months ago

I'm currently running a razer ornata chroma and steel series 700. With a Razer Kraken headset. I have a firefly mousepad plenty of monitors, I'm wondering what else I should get. Should I get a keyboard upgrade? If you have any recommendations of what I should get please respond. I'm looking for something interesting to get but don't know what too.

Comments Sorted by:

Edition1 1 point 3 months ago

Get a headset upgrade as razer kraken headsets are garbage and that would be the best upgrade you could make.

If you want a keyboard upgrade I'd suggest the ducky one 2 rgb. there's a full size version if you want that instead too.

GeometryKaz -2 points 3 months ago

I'm surprised that thing is $125. I'd recommend a Corsair keyboard, specifically the K68. It's around the same price range of the Ornata Chroma and shares many of its features. If you want something a little nicer than the K68, you can go all the way to the $200 K95 RGB Platinum (the black version is $140 right now, $60 off) if you're a total RGB nut head like me.

Edition1 3 points 3 months ago

Read this https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/282279-a-quick-overview-of-mechanical-keyboards?comment_sort=highest, and if you don't want to read all of it skip to the part about gamer keyboards.

GeometryKaz 0 points 3 months ago

I dunno, I just really like the products they make. True, it is annoying that they have a nonstandard bottom row, but I haven't noticed anything else bad about my current keyboard.

Edition1 2 points 3 months ago

Also the last paragraph is important too.

Rin_Itoh 1 point 3 months ago

It will be up to you. If you are happy with the performance of all of your peripherals then you don't need to upgrade anything. If you don't like the performance of a particular item then upgrade that one. If you let me know what you are unhappy with I can try to help you find a better one. Of course I can recommend something, but you won't know if you like it until you use it a bit.

BurnTheConsoleUser 1 point 3 months ago

Go with a hyper-x mechanical red switch keyboard

colinhand 1 Build 1 point 3 months ago

replace your headset for a Steelseries Arctis. doesn't matter which one, but I have the Arctis Pro Wireless (A gift from my mother.) They all sound very good, some of them have RGB. While your with Steelseries get an Apex M750 (They make a TKL version as well) for your keyboard. I have a Rival 600 mouse and love it, but its all about your preference