add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RMx or RMx 2018? (Corsair PSU)

Me0wJutsu
  • 13 months ago

The two Corsair PSUs I'm struggling to choose from:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/Rp8H99/corsair-power-supply-cp9020091na

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/2HbwrH/corsair-rmx-2018-650w-80-gold-certified-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020178-na

Which one is better? I heard that that 2018 version has a fan stop mode, but I'm not bothered with that.

Comments

• 13 months ago
  • 2 points

They are equally good.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, and I think the 2018 version is a little bit better.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

They are priced equally, so why you don't buy the 2018 model?

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking not to, because the older model had many more (good) reviews. But in the end, I did buy the 2018 model because it's better anyway.

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

They should be equally good. :)

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, thanks for your help!

• 13 months ago
  • -1 points

Both are excellent units. The 2018 is a better unit electrically and build quality wise, but the older one is by no means bad. Since they're similar in price, get the 2018 one.,

• 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep, did that recently. Thanks for your help!

[comment deleted]
  • 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Is that a good thing for the 2018 model?

[comment deleted]
  • 13 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thank you!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube