add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Clicking noise on latest pc build

connor333

11 months ago

I'm using an asus z370 extreme 4 motherboard. It's supposed to have great audio on board, but I keep hearing this "click," every now and then through headphones as if something isn't sheilded or grounded. I've used these same headphones on a cheap $70 HD97 motherboard with no issues.

Any tips would help, I'd hate to disassemble this whole pc and send back the motherboard.

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you mean asrock z370 extreme 4?

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

yes, my bad

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you have another set of headphones or speakers to confirm the issue persists? Obviously your test on the other mobo was good as well, seems like the issue isn't with the headphones alone at least.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for replying, I forgot that I solved this. Seems like I simply needed to install the drivers. I was a little ambitious with stopping windows updates before I allowed it to download some necessary components.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds good, glad you got it fixed! Probably a good idea to stop Windows from just going ham on your system with updates.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube