add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Power Supply ?

Aridollsaysdie
  • 15 months ago

Ok so i am upgrading my Pc, i want to upgrade, my motherboard and cpu, im keeping my Ram and Graphics card, but my issue is my power supply. Am i able to use a OEM with my upgrades ? Im a little nervous the OEM power supply wont have the necessary cable for my new motherboard.

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Hi

Unfortunately, without any information I'm unable to assist you with specifics. My general advice would be to manually check the cabling yourself (See if you have enough) then check the specifications of the power supply to see if it will support your new hardware

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

The op should just give us the model number of the power supply to know the information of it.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Most OEM PSUs such as HiPower, Dell, Delta, and other OEM Maufacturers, typically do not include extra cables with the exception of a extra SATA power cable or two, unless the OEM PC in question has a video card that requires external power.

Chances are, you'll have to buy a new power supply. Assuming that it's using a standard form factor, and not a SFF or Pico form factor (Or anything proprietary) I would go for the Corsair CX 450, not to be confused with the older CX430. It typically goes for around 45 USD.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm a little nervous the OEM power supply wont have the necessary cable for my new motherboard.

This or it's a mediocre power supply.

What's your existing PC, and which parts you wanna upgrade?

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

This topic has been moved from "Hardware > Other" to "Hardware > Power Supplies".

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube