add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Noctua U14S Incompatibility

Microwavablecat
  • 16 months ago

Wanted to give a heads up. I built my first custom PC in the summer and nearly had to return my U14S. The incompatibility occurs with MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC mITX, Trident Z, NZXT H200, and Noctua-U14S. When the fan is placed on the cooler in push configuration, pressure is placed on the Trident Z RAM to the point where the motherboard does not recognize the stick closest to the cooler.

I used a Dremel on the bottom of the fan to alleviate pressure and both sticks RAM were recognized. It is possible to make this build work with a bit of sanding.

Comments

[comment deleted]
  • 16 months ago
  • 1 point

You never know until you get all the products

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube