add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
jamesxali

11 months ago

So my friend has requisitioned me to help him build a new computer for gaming, just gaming. He wants to stay around 1500 bucks with a white and blue color scheme. He;'s also partial to RGB, and wants his case to be illuminated and lively. He wants to game at 1080p with over 100 fps, so we'll need to find him a 144 hz monitor that is to be included in the final price.

This is what i have so far. I AM BY NO MEANS AN EXPERT. Please, if you see something not right, let me know and also give me your recommendations on what you'd do different. Let's have a good conversation and get my buddy a really good computer!

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/CGXPLJ

Comments

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the build looks great mate! I would consider throwing in some sleeved extension cables to complete the look.

https://smile.amazon.com/upHere-Sleeve-Extension-Extra-Sleeved-PIN-Blue/dp/B071LRCGYB/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1543114025&sr=8-4&keywords=power+supply+cable+extension+blue

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

I would maybe want to do that especially considering how cheap they are, but the PSU is semi modular, and the 2 largest cables are non removable from the PSU. If i had went with a fully modular power supply, I would probably pick this up.

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

they are extensions so they go on the existing cables. It's a great way to make the system look nice without having to spend a ton on custom cables

• 11 months ago
  • 1 point

The G3 series PSU's are on sale at the moment, and you can get a 500GB SSD for the same price as that WD blue:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor $239.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler NZXT - Kraken X62 Rev 2 98.17 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $124.99 @ Walmart
Motherboard Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $159.99 @ B&H
Memory G.Skill - Trident Z RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $134.99 @ Newegg Business
Storage Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $64.99 @ Adorama
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $58.50 @ Amazon
Video Card EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8 GB FTW DT GAMING Video Card -
Case NZXT - H500 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ B&H
Power Supply EVGA - SuperNOVA G3 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $49.99 @ Newegg Business
Monitor Acer - GN246HL 24.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $191.99 @ B&H
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1095.42
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-11-25 19:13 EST-0500

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube