• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Felgrand 4 months ago

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/qjmVgw

Should I stick to Seasonic M12II EVO 520W? or Should I go for the 620W version which is £11 more (but more future proof since I might upgrade the RX 570 in a few years?)

Any other thing that needs improvement? Thanks in advance!

Comments Sorted by:

soulventic 2 points 4 months ago

You won't need to upgrade the PSU, you are barely using 200Watts.

I recommend having more than 500gb, because the OS other starter softwares take up space, so that 500gb ssd+ a 1tb caviar blue would work fantastically.

The 275R is kind of outdated, so another case would work, but the 275R will definitely get the job done.

Buildtimeboys 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

Should I stick to Seasonic M12II EVO 520W? or Should I go for the 620W version

You're fine on the wattage, but that PSU is well past it's prime. For a cheaper option go with a CXM 450, or a G3 for a higher end one.

Felgrand submitter 1 point 4 months ago

I can get the Seasonic fully modular for just £4 more than the CXM 450, and cheaper than the CXM 550, and I think I want to avoid a non-modular PSU.

So should I stick to Seasonic or is it really a problem that is outdated? Not sure what advantage I'll get by getting the more updated CXM (apart from saving £4).

Buildtimeboys 1 Build 1 point 4 months ago

I'm by no means a PSU expert, I've just been told by others who know way more than me that it's not a great choice anymore. The CXM is a three year old design, vs the S12II's eight or so years.
The G3 I mentioned, while more expensive, is a solid (and newer) model.