add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Smash Bros direct.

Memo1010
  • 19 months ago

I thought I had already seen a thread about this, but I didn't enter because I hadn't seen it yet and didn't want spoilers. I couldn't find it afterwards so I'm creating one, but if someone can find that one and post the link I will just delete this and go there.

Anyways I like pretty much everything. I knew for months that Ken would be in it cause obviously he would, I think he looks like he might be a tad OP (esp cause Ryu was already really good), but I think I will enjoy him (but may spend more time as Ryu). I have never heard of Incineroar (is that spelled right???) before but he looks cool (if not a tad edgy), I think I'll enjoy playing as him. The Piranha Plant is...interesting...I guess he is kind of fun to watch at least.

Spirits look stupid and they will throw off the balance so I'll never use them. I like that the story mode is returning, but it looks like it will be even worse than the one on brawl, so they probably should have spent time doing other things instead.

I will definitely be getting the fighters pack and the pre-order very soon.

I think that's everything, what you y'all think?

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 4 points

Piranha Plant will be SSS tier

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

LOL, that would be cool.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

"But it looks like it will be even worse than the one on brawl." Are you saying Subspace Emissary was bad? I thought the general opinion of most players was that it was excellent.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean, I thought it was decent. It was fun but bad, if that makes sense. I thought that most people that it was dumb though.

A bit off topic, but infinity war made me think of Subspace Emissary

• 19 months ago
  • 3 points

People consider Subspace to be by far the best singleplayer experience in Smash history, and in general very good.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Hm, it's not that great imo. As for as being the best SP experience in smash, there not really much competition.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

I get you. Everyone's entitled to their personal opinion; it's just interesting that you've never heard all the love for that gamemode.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not much of a Smash guy, but I get your point. I've only ever played ~100 hours of Smash in total and that was mostly in Brawl and Melee. I'll be buying Ultimate, though.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

Spirits look stupid and they will throw off the balance so I'll never use them.

Too be honest to me spirit mode looks like it will be kind of fun. I only recently(this past year) got into Smash because a lot of my friends have been playing forever, so I can't really give my opinion on the story mode.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I am a smash veteran, though I have little experience in melee so some people will dispute that (brawl was so fun though!!!). I don't think I'll use the spirits because it will throw off game balance, which is a big deal for me. For example we never use custom fighters on smash for 3DS/Wii U because can be really powerful (except for special modes like smash run or all star)

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Aren't spirits only usable in custom game modes and such? Pretty sure they won't be allowed online or anything like that.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably will be used in a similar way to custom fighters is my guess

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I am a smash veteran, though I have little experience in melee so some people will dispute that

DISPUTED ;P

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree with all your character comments. I am surprised they didn't just put in Petey Pirahna instead of a generic Pirahna Plant character, since Petey has already been characterized in other games. They did use him for the final smash.

I like that the story mode is returning, but it looks like it will be even worse than the one on brawl, so they probably should have spent time doing other things instead.

Subspace Emissary was awesome, and World of Light looks amazing and a worthy successor.

Spirits look stupid and they will throw off the balance so I'll never use them.

Spirits look like a cool way to extend the single player game. I don't plan to ever use them in multiplayer matches, either. But for single player it adds more collectibles (something Smash has always featured heavily), but also adds an RPG element to the game, AND provides for creative custom challenges to face. I think these are all good things.

• 19 months ago
  • 2 points

They buffed Jigglypuff amazingly, so I’m a happy camper.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

After a month ago I'm abandoning waluigi for smash for Bowsette. Seriously Nintendo is sitting on a freaking goldmine if they would just realize it.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

Whether or not waluigi is in the base game probably won't have a huge effect on sales, cause most people don't care or will buy it anyways. If they're smart he'll be DLC

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I have to say, everything looks amazing. The spirits mode is probably going to be where I spend about 30% of my time, World of Light coming in at about 50%, and actual brawls with people the remaining 20%.

Spirits is looking good. I wondered what they could've been blurring out during the August direct, and now I know that it was worth the wait.

World of Light looks spectacular. Sure, it's like a board game like Smash 4's little mode (didn't play much, so I forgot what it's called), but the fact that you're playing through kinda like Subspace makes up for that. The one thing I wish they didn't do was make Kirby be the only character you can play as to begin. The song, though, gives me chills every time I listen to it, so they did a great job with that!

Piranha Plant is amazing. I can't wait to smash people with it. Of course, I'm kinda excited for Ken and Incineroar, but I never played the games they're from, so... yeah.

I'll be getting the fighter packs, too.

Gotta say, this is the greatest Smash game ever... or at least, it should be. If it sucks, I'll be very mad.

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

I think they are called tourneys

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

What, the brawls with people? The multiplayer, simple smash mode?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

the board game

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

What happened to the Miis? They weren't in the trailer at all. Watch if they are just chilling on Wuhu and Kirby asks for help halfway in World of Light :)

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Because mii fighters aren't really a character they are a way of creating your own characters. Why would custom, user made fighters exist in it?

• 18 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, there is a very beautiful story, and miis are technically a fighter, so here's what has to happen. 1: The starting roster should be updated to include miis in the first place OR 2: blend miis in via a cut-scene, like my wuhu scenario. You cant just unlock them at the end (unless theres another cutscene), because only kirby is alive

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 19 months ago
  • 1 point

was something wrong with Zelda?

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

So are you saying that you are glad she has been buffed? If so than I must ask, how do you know that she is stronger, the game isn't out, and even if you have been to one of the events where you can play the game now (and idk if those have started) that is still a small sample for determining game balance

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

I definitely do prefer this design to the old one. Mixed feelings about ganondorf though

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube