add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Memo1010
  • 19 months ago

Anyone know if Playstation Plus (the premium online service for playstation that is required for online play) is only for the account you buy it on or system wide? Pretty much would me and my brothers have to all buy it or just one of us? I'm guessing its not, but its worth asking

Comments

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

It's system wide.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

The person who has Playstation Plus has to set their account as the primary account on the PS4, then anyone who logs in with their won PSN account can play online on that PS4 without having to pay for PS Plus.

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

So just to be clear do you have to set the console as the account's primary console, or set it as the primary account (something I haven't heard of before)

• 19 months ago
  • 1 point

As long as the PS4 is set as the primary console for whichever account subscribes to PlayStation Plus, other PSN accounts on the same console can play online multiplayer, play downloaded games purchased with a PSN discount, and play the free monthly games available to PS Plus members.

I think that makes it pretty clear, how it works! :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube