add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this an actual thing?

Memo1010
  • 20 months ago

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dancing_plague_of_1518

This seems...to strange to be real...but at the same time it is so strange and hilarious that I want it to be real.

Comments

• 20 months ago
  • 3 points

There are historical records that indicate it indeed did happen. Look at the sources. Good write up here too.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

That’s actual an amazing essay. Great wording without being painfully difficult. It’s also quite informative and yet still interesting/entertaining. Somebody poured all their effort into this.

• 20 months ago
  • 2 points

I wouldn’t trust Wikipedia. I got a friend to label me as the tallest man in the world for everyone to see. It took them three hours to fix it.

• 20 months ago
  • 7 points

Some kid out there has Zeromus725 as the tallest man in history on a project and probably got laughed at.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

In my school if the teacher tried to refute my height they would be the one getting laughed at. :)

• 20 months ago
  • 4 points

Easiest way to decide whether to trust Wikipedia or not: look at the sources.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, there were legitimate sources on the page. They just didn’t support me being the world’s tallest.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Provide the link!

Sure, anyone can edit any page on Wikipedia. But if someone goes troll, the community fixes it rather quickly.

So, where's the link?

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

But I don't see anything funny on the page.

As said before, the community fixes things if someone goes troll.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I noticed for some reason I wasn't list there anymore. Guess that was you lol.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

I specifically gunned down your spot (mostly because you were number one on the list)

And, well, we’re both Texans. To the rest of the world, not much changed.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

It's one outbreak of some mass hysteria attacks that occurred randomly throughout history.

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

As long as we are talking about strange illnesses check out: the Jumping Frenchmen of Maine

https://rarediseases.org/rare-diseases/jumping-frenchmen-of-maine/

• 20 months ago
  • 1 point

So that's what inspired this.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube