add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GTX 1070 Ti or GTX 1080

steve_a777

15 months ago

Hi there,

I am currently looking to start a new build. My old build has a GTX 970 so either of these would be a nice step up. I checked Benchmark website that from what I read " In fact, the 1070 Ti is basically the 1070 but with 25% more working CUDA cores (2432 versus 1920) and slightly higher base clock of 1607MHz (versus 1506MHz in the 1070). This translates to the 1070 Ti being as nearly as powerful as the GTX 1080"

Another article I read, which didn't really consider budget/price said if you are upgrading just aim for the GTX 1080 when comparing to the 1070 Ti.

Now the main reason I am considering is I have found a pretty good deal on a GTX 1070 Ti which would nice to save a few bucks towards buildings the rest of my build.

On the other hand GTX 1080 does still outperform the 1070 Ti by a small margin but not sure if the 50-100+ USD jump is worth it?

Thoughts?

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Not sure if this updates if I put a comment here, but wanted to share with you guys that after searching around I made a leap on a used GTX 1080. The bidding was at 326 when I looked at it. Won it for 351 USD with free shipping.

This was the description, double checked the feedback which was 100% across board on many electronics. He also mentioned might have the receipt still even and would include if he found it. It still has the original box and all the wrappings etc.

"Hello and thanks for checking out my listing!

Available for purchase is an EVGA GTX 1080 Founders Edition in EXCELLENT CONDITION!

This graphics card comes with its original box and includes ALL original accessories!

This card has NEVER been used for mining and only light gaming at the most.

Please feel free to drop me a line with any questions and HAPPY BIDDING!

I have 100% POSITIVE FEEDBACK so your satisfaction is GUARANTEED!"

So....I hope I made a good choice here. A bit of a risk but saved few bones if it all works out.

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Guess I can't edit this post anymore, but he sent me a message saying he found the email with the receipt and will print out a copy for me to include inside the box.

[comment deleted]
  • 15 months ago
  • 1 point

I must have missed it but there are 1080s for 329.99?

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

I think that was supposed to say $429.99.

[comment deleted]
  • 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Deng, you got me excited haha :)

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube