• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Buildtimeboys 8 months ago

It pretty ridiculous sometimes.

Cheapest 1050 Ti in Canada vs cheapest 1070 in the US.

Comments Sorted by:

tomtomj2 9 Builds 3 points 8 months ago

This would only make sense if $1 CAD was equal to $1 USD.

The price of the cheapest 1050 Ti you listed in USD is $175, now looking at the cheapest 1050 Tis in USD, the cheapest one is $152 and that’s with a MIR. So it’s about $170.

Doing the same with the 1070 and most of the US models are $370 to over $400 (except for that one you linked which is literally just on Amazon), which the cheapest Canadian one is also about $400 in USD.

Your pricing in reality isn’t that bad, it just seems like it is because we both use the dollar denomination.

Buildtimeboys submitter 1 Build 1 point 8 months ago

Yea, this was less of a legitimate issue and more just a bit of whinging on my part.
The main thing for me is getting together $1200 for a computer as a Canadian is about the same as getting together $1200 as someone in the US, but that $1200 US gets you way more computer.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 2 points 8 months ago

Yeah I can agree with that. Everything seems more expensive because your prices are higher and your wages are probably similar, unfortunately that’s also happening in the US as wages are stagnant and prices on products keep rising.

Keep on saving, you can do it!

Buildtimeboys submitter 1 Build 1 point 8 months ago

Keep on saving, you can do it!

Thanks, but my builds done. Just frustrated by a build for a friend on a tight budget.

tomtomj2 9 Builds 1 point 8 months ago

Used parts might help with that, you can actually build a decent PC now for cheap since crypto crashed.

EagleByte 1 Build 1 point 8 months ago

I would like to point out that CAD is different than USD. I'm sure you knew that, but I'm just putting it out there...

Buildtimeboys submitter 1 Build 2 points 8 months ago