add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming X470 bios problems

Kumiko

10 months ago

The first mobo I got ended up having a tiny chip burst into flames so I got another.

Now, it booted up ONCE into the bios, and does nothing now except run the CPU fan.

I've tested the RAM and video card in my old PC and it is compatible. Can't be the CPU or it would've never booted in the first place and there's no behavior indicating it's the PSU.

I've searched for hours on how to fix this and nothing has worked. I can't seem to access the backup bios either.

Any help at all is greatly appreciated. I've spent over $2,000 on this now and don't want it to be wasted.

Part list: PCPartPicker part list](https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mkxDJ8) / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 2600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor $222.79 @ OutletPC
Motherboard Gigabyte - X470 AORUS ULTRA GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard $131.19 @ OutletPC
Memory G.Skill - Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 Memory $199.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Samsung - 860 Evo 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive $217.89 @ OutletPC
Storage Seagate - Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $54.99 @ Amazon
Video Card MSI - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8GB Air Boost OC Video Card $584.98 @ Newegg
Power Supply EVGA - 650W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $69.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft - Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $99.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1581.71
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-26 21:47 EDT-0400

Comments

• 10 months ago
  • 2 points

I got ended up having a tiny chip burst into flames so I got another.

Well, what chip was it?

It could be very well possible that the CPU got damaged only because of that.

Actually what does spin and what not?

Except the CPU fan, does the GPU, PSU and Case fans spin?

Have you connected the EPS 8-pin CPU connector into the board?

That PSU has 2x (4+4) EPS CPU connectors.

And the double 8 pin power connectors from the PSU to the GPU?

That PSU has 4x (6+2) PCI-e power connectors for the GPU.

Can it be, that you have connected (somehow) the (6+2) PCI-e connector from the PSU to the board instead of the CPU 8-pin (4+4) one?

• 10 months ago
  • 1 point

No, I'm certain everything is plugged in correctly. Only the CPU fan and the psu fan will spin. The rest do nothing. No idea what chip and I looked through the motherboard booklet as well as the internet for answers and everything points to the bios being corrupt

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube