add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HELP, should i upgrade cpu or gpu on my build?? and plz explain why.

_CaptainLevi_
  • 24 months ago

So basically ive got a build i wanna buy that invludes a ryzen 2600x, 2x8 ddr 3200 ram, and a gtx 1070ti (along with the other standard essential parts for this price point). I only have enough room in my budget to either upgrade to a ryzen 2700x or a gtx 1800. And im not sure which upgrade i should go for, what do you guys think and why? Also i will be using this pc mostly to game both triple A games and smaller ones, and lite stream.

Comments

• 24 months ago
  • 3 points

There's almost no difference between a 1070Ti and 1080. In practice they can both deliver the exact same performance in GPU bound conditions with indistinguishable differences in visual quality, or indistinguishable differences in performance at equal visual quality, take your pick. The difference won't have any meaningful impact on the functionality of the build.

On the other hand, the 2700X buys 33% more computing power than a 2600X. For streaming with a software based encoder at higher CPU presets (higher quality), this has serious implications for both game side and stream side performance.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind, I'd have the 2700X + 1070Ti if it were my choice.

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay thank you very much!

• 24 months ago
  • 1 point

Can I ask what monitor you'll be driving? Also, if you can get a nice overclock out of the gtx 1070ti you'll get close to gtx 1080 performance at stock.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube