add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Memo1010
  • 25 months ago

my PCIe slot, which I was gonna use for the WiFi adapter (not ethernet in my room) is covered by my GPU's fan. There is still a PCI x4 slot open, is there a way to hook up the WiFi card to that (like an adapter of some sort)?

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

please list your pc part list so we can have a better idea of the whole picture so we dont' say something that isn't true because of another part that you didn't mention. :)

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Did it not work on the PCIe x4 slot?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes and no

I was having trouble installing Win 7, and then found out that the latest generation of MOBOs don't actually support it. Later on today I will be getting Windows 10. I have been able to test it out for using the internet yet, however in the BIOS the MOBO does recognize that it's there, so it should work.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

It should work.

Install W10 and let us know. ;)

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, once its in I'll install the drivers and give you an update

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

OK. ;)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube