add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Laser cutting service

Merlac
  • 25 months ago

I recently finished a build with a custom laser cut side panel and front plate. The service I used, Ponoko, was perfect, except the cost of shipping, customs and taxes was relatively high for an European customer (over 50%).

Therefore, I'm looking for a laser cutting service in Europe, which would have a similar service model to Ponoko. Ideally I'd like an instant price quote based on uploaded vector file and at least some material options of wood and acrylic.

Any ideas?

PS. I'm dreaming of a laser cutter of my own, but it would require 100 builds to offset the price and I don't currently have room/ventilation for it. Maybe later.

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm dreaming of a laser cutter of my own, but it would require 100 builds to offset the price and I don't currently have room/ventilation for it. Maybe later.

You could always try to get something like this. It's what I plan on getting to test out cutting.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

At that price it's definitely something to check out, thanks. There's still the problem of ventilation, though.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Ventilation = stove hood! ;)

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

For those looking for such service, I found Sculpteo from Europe. They seem to offer laser cutting with instant online quote, but I haven't ordered yet.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube