add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

ACER Predator XB271HU 144HZ Worth It?

drferrell

21 months ago

So as the title states; is the ACER Predator XB271HU worth it?

To clarify:

1) I currently have a 2560 x 1440 monitor with IPS (Asus - PB258Q), but its refresh rate is capped at 60 Hz. Also no G-SYNC (Though I'm not quite sure about that being a necessity).

2) My graphics card is the MSI GTX 1070 Quicksilver Edition

3) I do not playing any games such as Overwatch, CS:GO, nor any other online multiplayer games.

Anyways, I've always been looking at whether I'd would like to get a monitor with a faster refresh rate, and I've always liked IPS panels over TN. I've never really looked into getting this monitor or the ASUS equivalent because they were always $700. The ACER monitor is question is now on sale for about $600 and I'm debating whether to go for it or not.

Please help

Comments

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

I have the XB271HU. I have used it for about 6months now. I bought it when i build my gaming PC with a GTX 1080 and 7700k. I've never used a 144hz monitor before nor have i ever used G-sync.

I bought the monitor when it was on sale for $500

The higher refresh rate is great, however some games dont hit that 100+fps range even with my GTX 1080 and 7700k. The higher resolution is great 1440p is a great middle ground. G-sync i dont know what the hype is, honestly i didnt see screen tearing before nor do i now, so i guess its working but was probably uneccisary, maybe the high refreshrate though would be causing tearing without g-sync, i cant tell for sure.

Color and viewing angels are great however i dont know who would want to be playing a game when looking at it from the side.

at 27'' this thing is alot bigger than i expected. Be prepared for a giant monitor lol.

Overall its a good monitor with great picture and the 144hz is amazing! If its within your budget i think this is the best 144hz 1440p IPS monitor for the price.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Good to hear that the monitor works great for you (and for even cheaper than it is now). I think I going to go against getting the monitor though. I mostly don't have enough games that could benefit from it to justify me spending $600. Also it doesn't seem worth dropping $600 on something that I won't even be able to see. If I do decide that I wanted 144hz, I'll settle for one of the free-sync IPS monitors that are much cheaper (seeing how I won't even be benefiting from g-sync anyway). Thanks a bunch!

• 21 months ago
  • 2 points

No prob! That totally makes sense i wasnt sure if you'd get all the benefit you could out of it with that games that you personally play.

Hope you find something that suits your needs

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

If you're not playing fast paced shooters, you're not going to notice much of a difference between 60Hz and 144hz. I recently upgraded from a 60hz panel to 144hz, and for shooters, it's a game changer. But outside of the few fast paced esports I play, I really don't notice much of a difference as far as refresh rate goes. They feel just as smooth in the desktop, and very similar in slower paced games.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the input. I think the only fast paced shooter I have is DOOM and I recently went through my game library, and I don't think I have a lot of games that can even go past 60 fps. I think I'm going to back away from these monitors and be happy with what I got.

• 21 months ago
  • 1 point

Get this monitor now if you haven't it. $549 from new egg with the coupon.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/8d575d/acer_predator_xb271hu_27_wqhd_ips_nvidia_gsync/

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube