add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

My CPU isn'T listed in B250M-C should I buy or not?

gugu96

15 months ago

I want to get the Asus Prime B250M-C/CSM ... BUT... in the cpu support list, although it says Intel 6th and 7th gen, none of my 3 cpu's are listed (on asus website). I have a Celeron G3930, Pentium G4560 and Pentium G4600. None of them listed for B250M-C

• PRIME B250M-C = NO
  • B250M-A = YES
  • B250-D YES
  • B250-J YES
  • B250-K YES
  • B250-Plus YES
  • (yes I have verified all of the boards on asus website)

You get the picture, all of them accept any of my 3 cpu right out of the box. Why the heck not the B250-C???

Now do I take the chance and buy the board anyways or should I change my plans?

Anybody has successfuly tried that particular chipset iteration with either of the G3930, G4560, G4600?

Note: I want to get the B250M-C to get mATX + M.2 + PCI + DDR4-2400, that's why.

Comments

• 15 months ago
  • 4 points

Hi, I'm jumping in here based on your message, and my answer would be don't buy the board, since it's not guaranteed to support your CPUs.

As for why that model of board would not support those specific CPUs, my suspicion is it's to do with being a CSM (Corporate Stable Model) board, which is supposed to fill a specific market niche (large-scale business sales) and perhaps Intel want to discourage adoption of those CPUs in that niche, which would make a lot of sense for the i3-killing G4560 at least (and some for the G4600, but not much that I can see for the lowly Celeron).

Anyway, wild speculation aside, I'd suggest saving yourself a potential headache and getting a board you know will work with your CPUs.

Hope this helps, and best with your build!

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Interesting, and blows my Intel i3-protecting conspiracy theory apart ;-) Oh well, the tin-foil hat was getting a bit sweaty anyway :D

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

If its not on the list that it probably won't work (whatever reason it may be). But to make sure you could always send a message to support and ask.

• 15 months ago
  • 2 points

Note: I want to get the B250M-C to get mATX + M.2 + PCI + DDR4-2400, that's why.

Why you don't change the board then?

https://www.outletpc.com/id4072-asrock-b250m-pro4-lga-1151-intel-b250-hdmi-sata-6.html

That's the only board that's available and has support of all those above CPUs out of the Box!

Also it has PCI slots, M.2 support and of course it supports Ram modules at 2400MHz with an Kabylake processor. ;)

PROBLEM SOLVED! V

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Alas! Your solution could work well if I lived in USA, which is not the case. An important detail to consider! 125$USD vs 80$CAD

Yes, they charge 60$ to ship to canada

• 15 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, it has a higher price, but that's the only board with the specs you mentioned above.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B01N0LMLMM/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Except you get one, second hand.

Prices on eBay Canada doesn't come cheap though.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube