add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Can’t install Windows into NVMe SSD

LostElement
  • 25 months ago

I can’t figure out for the life of me what I am doing wrong. It’s not even detected in the BIOS. I’ve already tried to search for a solution on the internet to no avail. It’s an ADATA 128gb NVMe drive, and it does work considering it’s detected on my other PC, but the one I am trying to build. The board has two M.2 slots, I am using the one with the heatsink, because it gets hot. The other M.2 is at the bottom of the board, but it bends the SSD, and I am not certain if that’s safe.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

The other M.2 is at the bottom of the board, but it bends the SSD, and I am not certain if that’s safe.

Bends the SSD?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, when I secure the SSD, is it bent due to the height difference between the M.2 slot and the motherboard, which is why I don’t have it mounted on that slot because I am uncertain if that’s safe for the SSD or not.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I can get it having a slight warp downward, but a bend seems severe. I honestly don't know what to recommend. It almost sounds like either a setting isn't configured correctly in the BIOS or the board itself has an issue.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

It’s more of a slight bow. (Didn’t now how to word it :P)

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

I think that is somewhat normal depending on the mounting technique (flush with motherboard or a slight platform to level it with the port).

But, I could be mistaken. Why don't you try it in that port without securing it via the screw? That way it shouldn't really bend it, but it can test if it works fine in that port.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube