add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Titan XP Star Wars edition or 1080TI second hand?.... thoughts in current market in regards to value for money... (UK)

Thomas_Mason
  • 28 months ago

As above guys,

I am looking now for a graphics card and given the current market prices it is looking to me like i can either buy a brand new Titan XP SW edition for £999 from nvidia

Or i can pay £50 - £100 less for a second had 1080TI?.

Is anyone else looking at this like as a sensible upgrade path at present? from what i can see the titan XP is the better/ higher performing card and the way things are at the moment it is almost the same money.

You also have the possibility of the card being worth more when they stop production with it being a limited run.

for the record i know nothing about star wars and i am not interested in star wars, i am looking at these cards as the normal titan XP is £150 more than the collectors one. if it wasn't i would opt for the non star wars card.

thoughts welcome....

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Honestly i'd go for the sw one even though im not that big of a star wars fan.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

If you really need to buy now, then sure, ponying up an extra £50 for a brand new card makes sense. While the Titan Xp has a bigger core, in practice an aftermarket 1080Ti out the box will only trail a bit or be on par as it will hold higher clock's vs the Titan Xp on blower cooler out the box. Of course this can be remedied by upping the fan profile on the Titan Xp at expense of noise.

TL:DR, sure given price's here in UK being close or on par, the Titan Xp makes sense. But do look around, The EVGA FTW3 1080Ti is on pre-order for £825 for example: https://www.amazon.co.uk/EVGA-GeForce-Gaming-GDDR5X-Graphics/dp/B0762YRMCQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1517702681&sr=1-1&keywords=GTX+1080Ti so much cheaper, brand new then price you quoted for a second hand model, though do by quick I expect.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube