add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

How good are Apple’s laptops

Nater650

16 months ago

Just curious

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

For gaming? Don't even think about it.

Depends on what you are using it for.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Anything other than gaming

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Like video editing or number crunching

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Like for example league of legends

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

You should be putting your questions in your topics description. It will help you get more answers.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

From an outsiders PoV:

Pros: Reasonably good construction as expected of a high end/expensive product. Some of the apps are nice. They tend to hold value pretty well.

Cons: If you are familiar with Windows, don't expect your apps to work the same way or as well. Gaming on Mac is hit or miss. The laptops often don't have high-end GPUs in them.

Neutral: The OS. Some love it, some hate it, and it has its own pros and cons. Same way with the aesthetic and branding.

For an average budget conscious user (such as a student), I don't think they are a great purchase; however Apple laptops have been quite popular for students. If you are a gamer, you probably want a good Windows machine.

That's my two cents, at least.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

web browsing yes, video editing yes, gaming hell no (unless for light steam titles, minecraft or roblox)

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Simple solution to the problem of MacBooks not being able to handle gaming.

1) plug an external graphics enclosure into to it

2) convince Apple to switch to a more powerful discrete GPU like AMD’s RX Vega or Nvidia’s equivalent

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

2) convince Apple

Good luck.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Would apple’s laptops be able to handle gaming on the lowest settings

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Its not the specs that make them bad at gaming. Its the operating system. Plus they can handle games too. LoL, Overawtch, lightish games on steam that support OSX

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I like the feel of the butterfly switches. But I can see how it could be a hassle toclean

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Lmao. Well my spacebar on my laptop is mushy and its hard to click. Especially when coming from MX blues

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube