add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
LoyalDerp

16 months ago

So this is what I'm thinking of going for: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rvsmd6

I live in Sweden so I will order all parts from Newegg and/or other stores and at the moment it costs about 1650$ for all the parts.

I will try to overclock the 1600x to 3.9-4 GHz at about 1.4V

That's about it, just want some opinions on it.

Comments

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I live in Sweden so I will order all parts from Newegg and/or other stores

Are you getting them shipped from the US to Sweden? I'd change a few things about this build, but it's really hard to make recommendations when I don't know whether a part is available or what price it is.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

I will be shipping Everything from Sweden, and right now it's cheaper to order Everything in sweden than from places like USA, + I have to pay extra to buy things from the US.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Switched to the German PCPP, as that should be a bit more relevant than the US one. Swapped the AIO for a cheaper but very capable HSF cooler, removed the thermal paste as it isn't really necessary. The 1070 you had was pretty overpriced, found a reasonably priced 1070 Ti instead:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD - Ryzen 5 1600X 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor €213.99 @ Amazon Deutschland
CPU Cooler be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler €76.32 @ Mindfactory
Motherboard MSI - X370 GAMING PRO CARBON ATX AM4 Motherboard €149.99 @ Amazon Deutschland
Memory Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory €195.49 @ Mindfactory
Storage Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive €89.75 @ Amazon Deutschland
Storage Seagate - BarraCuda Pro 4TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive €167.89 @ Amazon Deutschland
Video Card MSI - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8GB ARMOR Video Card €489.95 @ Amazon Deutschland
Case Corsair - Carbide 400C ATX Mid Tower Case €91.99 @ Amazon Deutschland
Power Supply SeaSonic - FOCUS Plus Gold 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply €86.84 @ Mindfactory
Other Phanteks Black N Red Cable Extension Kit
Other NZXT 1m Red Sleeved LED Kit
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total €1562.21
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-01-11 22:50 CET+0100

Switched to the Focus Plus as 650W is plenty for this build.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, the cooler I can go with buuut, the reason the GPU was expensive is because BitCoin stuff is rising again so GPU prices are reaaally high right now. The GPU was like 450$ from Newegg before. Also I'm going with a 750W PSU to be able to maybe go SLI in the future or just so I can upgrade different things in the future.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

the reason the GPU was expensive is because BitCoin stuff is rising again so GPU prices are reaaally high right now.

I am well aware of the current GPU crisis. The 1070 on your list was priced at over 600€, the 1070 Ti is a better card and, (at least in Germany,) over 100€ cheaper. If you can find a 1070 for about 400-450€ that would be a better deal.

I'm going with a 750W PSU to be able to maybe go SLI in the future or just so I can upgrade different things in the future.

SLI is poorly supported already and that support is only decreasing, so I can't really recommend it. Also, 550W is really all you need for this build, the 650W was already so you'd have space for upgrades.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay, Before the GPU Crisis I found a MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X for 375€.

The PSU I could change to a 650W, any recommendations on a good one?

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything's good, but only thing is I think the 750w is overkill, go with 650w, or 600w PSU.

• 16 months ago
  • 1 point

The reason I'm going 750W is because of future upgrade abilities, like going SLI and other stuff.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube