PCPartPicker

• Register

So I'm stuck here for the next six hours.

Forum Search

Guidelines

• Be respectful to others
  • No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Buildtimeboys 15 months ago

My sister's cat just got spayed, and she has class at 7 tomorrow morning. So it's down to me to look after the little nutter, and make sure she doesn't rip her cone off. All night. Because if I sleep I can't watch her.

This is going to be a long night. :)

******* cats, I love them. Anyone else here pulled an all-nighter for their pets?

Comments Sorted by:

Xorex64 1 point 15 months ago

I have a pet turtle. I never stayed up to do things with him because he's a turtle. Is your cat meme-worthy?

Buildtimeboys submitter 1 Build 1 point 15 months ago

Is your cat meme-worthy?

If you mean "high energy six-month old," yes. She spent about 5 hours killing everything in sight after her surgery.

Sounds fun

Theres the official PCPP discord if you need some immediate conversation

I've yet to actually get a discord account. Maybe now's the time to do it.

Do it.

tragiktimes101 1 Build 1 point 15 months ago

Can't say I have had to do anything like that, well, I have for my son when he was sick. But, last night my pipes decided to freeze (it was (-10F / -23C)). So, I went outside and decided to take the torch to them to break them loose. Problem was, the last person that worked on this house couldn't solder a joint to save his life and two parts of the pipe came flying apart from each other drenching me (yay). So, I had to go turn my water off, stick bread down my pipe (old method to keep water away from solder point), and solder the two pieces back upside down (solder wouldn't stick because flame wouldn't jet, just fireball). 3 hours and 100 curses later I finally got it.

That sucked.

VapidDarkness 2 points 15 months ago

Damn, that has to suck. Luckily down in Alabama it's only in the 20s at night.

Still enough to freeze if you aren't careful. Don't be me. Don't stuff bread in pipes at 2am, lol.

Yeah lol, Luckily I haven't had to deal with my pipes freezing. Most people around here just let the water drip through the pipes at night and that seems to work.

That's what I did, but my wife went behind me and shut it off... lol

Dang the betrayal xD

Don't be me. Don't stuff bread in pipes at 2am

I don't think I'm really at risk there. :)

It get's ya when ya least expect it! lol

MichelWeber 1 point 15 months ago

How does that work?? if you put bread in the pipe, then solder it to the other pipe making the connection - what about the bread???

I've seen pics of iced garages because the pipes burst due to the freezing temps. Luckily when I lived in Wisconsin that never happened - and it did get cold.

The bread dissolves away once the water is turned back on. By far the best way to that I know of to ensure the pipe remains moisture-free during the soldering.

I've seen pics of iced garages because the pipes burst due to the freezing temps

Funny thing was, the pipe didn't actually burst (although I have had that happen a few times). The joint actually came unsoldered and came apart. Made it a pretty cheap fix, though.

MichelWeber 1 point 15 months ago

Yeah, I got that about the pipe coming apart - the story made me think of that pic I saw years ago. Need to let a faucet slowly drip to keep water flowing.

Lol, I did. My wife shut if off behind me. XD

MannyPCs 1 point 15 months ago

I have never had a pet.

Welp, time for night number 2. I've got my bowl of snacks and a glass of whiskey, so here goes another six hours.

[comment deleted by staff]

The Long Watch is over, but I think I'll look into those anyway. Thanks!