add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best Thermal Paste

mike633
  • 29 months ago

I want to reapply thermal paste what is the best?

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 7 points

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut is some of the best

• 29 months ago
  • 0 points

This is objectively one of the best performers.

But also one of the most expensive. Noctua NT-H1 and AS5 can be had for half the price (even far less, if you go by quantity instead of by unit), and perform almost indistinguishably.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 29 months ago
  • 3 points

Keep in mind that the difference between the best and okay-ish thermal compounds will only be a few degrees Celsius.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah this. Look at the top of some benchmarks and then get the cheapest one.

inb4 someone says "Arctic Silver 5 sucks and damages motherboards". I swear to god...

• 28 months ago
  • 6 points

Arctic Silver 5 sucks and damages motherboards

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Remind me in 14 days to troll this

• 29 months ago
  • 2 points

GELID Solutions GC-Extreme https://pcpartpicker.com/product/tgvRsY/gelid-solutions-thermal-paste-gcextreme is also one of the best.

• 28 months ago
  • 2 points

Very good paste in my experience across several varying uses.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

My favorites are arctic mx4 and noctua NT-H1....

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd just go for Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut i've got a 11g tube and i've put it on everything i've bought since i got it.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I doubt there will be any more than 1 degree difference between the "Best" thermal paste and any good thermal paste

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut definitely gets my vote. The best actual thermal paste on the market short of going with the liquid metal products that are out there.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Generally if you buy a high end cooler they will provide you great thermal paste out of the box. You can get another thermal paste if you like such as Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut or something similar but the temperature difference is usually 0.5 to 1 degrees celsius. Sure there are some really bad thermal pastes out there like the large tub Linus from Linus tech tips got last year where it would impact thermals by a much larger margin but I don't think any decent budget coolers or even stock coolers would include something soo bad.

For reference here is that video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaoTARN3sv4

I still got most of a tube of thermal paste that came with my Dark Rock Pro 3 and I will only buy another tube of thermal paste once I run out. I most likely won't buy another tube as I am more likely to buy a new cooler on a new PC build before I run out. It's not like you will be re-applying thermal paste in your PC on a regular basis, chances are you wont need to for at least 5 years if it is a great quality thermal paste.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I have used arctic silver with no problems, That being said for future client builds Thermal Grizzly looks to be the way to go.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Most of the latest and top brands are very similar in performance. Coolmaster Gel, Noctua, Arctic Silver. I went with the Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, easy to apply and it dropped my temps by 5C since i was using an unknown paste. For the best results either top brands are fine and focusing more on application and your will benefit more.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermal-paste-comparison,5108.html

More than you probably ever wanted to know about thermal compounds. [spoiler] It says what everyone here has already said.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube