add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Corsair H100iV2 temperatures

Limits
  • 28 months ago

Hi everyone.

I built a PC about one year ago (no overclocks) and all is working great except for a little annoyance.

Here is the list: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Limits/saved/HbgwP6

The issue happened about 6 months after building the PC. I noticed that the fans on my H100i V2 gets loud easily. Before that time, it does not. So I went into Corsair Link and noticed that the fan curve is set to boost fans to performance mode if the liquid temperature gets past 40 degrees C. This means that for about 6 months, my PC never got the liquid past 40 degrees doing anything (even doing graphics rendering with 100% CPU load).

Upon noticing this, I boosted the pump speed to "performance" mode to prevent the fans from needing to reach performance mode. As a result, the liquid does not reach 40 degrees and the fans stay quiet. All sounds good except if I game long enough which makes the liquid goes past 40 degrees and the fans spool up again. This is annoying because I used to be able to game without this happening and achieved that even with both fans and pump on quiet mode.

As of now, the situation has gone worse. The liquid temperature go up really fast if I don't keep the pumps on "performance" mode. This happens even when I keep my PC idle, it has to be on performance mode (and the liquid temp is still very close to 40 degrees C).

What I tried:

• -Blew dust out of the PC
  • -Took off the radiator and fans and blew dust out of both.
  • -Lightly shook the radiator to try to move air bubbles (if any) to a better place in the radiator.
  • -Felt the pipes while PC is on. One pipe is hotter than the other. Some say this is normal because hot liquid goes away from one and cooled liquid comes back down the other. But some say this is a sign of a weak/failing pump since the continuous flow should balance both pipes' temperatures more or less.

Not tried:

-Removing the CPU block to re-paste (I don't think that is the issue yet since it looks pump related)

I am suspecting a pump problem but I hope its not. Please advise.

Thanks for reading this,

Limits

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I replaced this cooler for a x62 2 weeks ago. Corsair pumps have been dying everywhere.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

The only reason why I chose Corsair was because I heard good things about services (including the fact that they replace all your damaged parts if a leak occurs).

I haven't quite heard the same from other vendors.

When you replaced your Corsair, did you return it? Did you RMA it?

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I purchased my Corsair H100i v2 for $110 at a Microcenter, I purchased a 1 Year Replacement Plan. It did end up dying, I returned the AIO for store credit. I used the store credit to purchase the KRAKEN x62

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah makes sense in your case. I did not purchase any replacement plan in store.

What happened with your Corsair? Was it a pump issue? What were the symptoms like?

• 28 months ago
  • 2 points

It was definitely the pump. I woke up one day to notice that my Framerates were dropping tremendously and the PC continually crashed when overworked. The CPU i7-6700k @ 4.00Ghz was being underclocked by 4x. It was at 200F.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, thanks for letting me know and thanks for reading and helping.

• 27 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi guys,

New update:

So I went to the Corsair forum and found out that I need to tweak my BIOS Q-Fan section and set the pump power feeder to 100% at all times. So I did that and found out an interesting thing.

Now my pump speed shows up much faster than before in the Corsair Link software. Back then, the pumps was about the low 1000 RPM in quiet and around 2000 RPM in performance. Now it is around 2000 RPM in quiet and 3000 RPM in performance which matches what Corsair expects of the speed.

At first, the temps look good, but still in quiet mode the temps of the CPU goes pass 50 degrees celsius even on minor workload (below 10% CPU load). And performance mode is the only way to go. Lastly, when I play GTA V, the liquid temperature still goes to 40 degrees Celsius at certain points which spools up the fans.

Should I try removing the pump block and re-pasting? I still have an Arctic paste from around two years ago. Does that still work?

Regards

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube