add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cryorig H7 with push/pull setup...

LostElement
  • 28 months ago

I am planning on getting a Cryorig H7 for my 7500 (I know the 7500 does not need it, I am doing it for aesthetic reasons.)

I plan to replace the fans on the cooler with two ML120s in a push/pull configuration. How many degrees would be lost (no matter how little. This is a nice to know.)

Thanks.

Comments

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

The ML120 PRO from Corsair have a pretty high static pressure which is suitable for radiators and CPU coolers. If you wants aestethics though, it would be cheaper to simply get the Cryorig Quad Lumi as the ML120s are pretty expensive.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/bHcMnQ/cryorig-h7-quad-lumi-490-cfm-cpu-cooler-h7-quad-lumi

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I don’t want the Quad Lumi. In this instance, I don’t want LEDs on it. The cost of the fans isn’t a problem.

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't really see a point in going push pull on an h7. Especially adding such expensive fans. You might as well use that budget and get a better cpu cooler in general. Cryorig h5, scythe fuma Rev. B/ mugen, etc.

Especially cause you don't care about rgb, and imo, 40/50% of the ml fans' selling point seems like rgb xd

• 28 months ago
  • 1 point

Static pressure will no longer be something to consider in a push/pull configuration. Even with non SP fans the fins can't really drag down airflow from 2 fans combined.

I had a Hyper 212 evo on my old FX 8320 (no longer have that PC) and I ran push/pull on it with better fans. I did see a couple degree drop in temps with having 2 fans but hindsight is 20/20. The cost of the fans with that cooler could have been better spent on a better cooler. Then again the fan purchase and the CPU cooler purchase was about a year apart for me. Temp wise I don't think the difference will be huge with 2 fans vers 1 fan, you are only looking at perhaps 2 c drop in temps. Perhaps looking into a Cooler Master - MasterLiquid Lite for about 50 bucks may look nice in your case. With the $10 saved getting a nice RGB fan for it will still be cheaper than what you are looking at and that cooler is still a great performer.

Edit: alright CPU temps will not matter much with an aftermarket cooler on a i5 7500 as its stock cooler can keep it in safe temp range just fine. Any decent cooler with either a RGB fan or RGB addon for the fan will work and the CPU should stay 80c or under just fine. HALOS LUX RGB FAN FRAMES may be something to look into as well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube