add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PCPartPicker App for iOS, Android and Amazon

OfficialNapalm
  • 77 months ago

Exactly as the title says. I think it would be a great idea and you should be able to access part lists from the computer.

Say what you think, suggest things, etc.

Comments

• 77 months ago
  • 20 points

A mobile version of the site is on the top of our to do list right now. Any apps would be developed after the mobile site is complete.

• 60 months ago
  • 19 points

Personally I don't like mobile sites. I usually find the button to go to the actual site. But I think an app would be more useful

• 45 months ago
  • 4 points

I agree, it can be tricky to press buttons on websites and realize you didn't press Post, you pressed Reload (yes, I know the Post button and Reload button are far away, I realize that, I was just making a point :P). You can always add the site to your home screen...

• 63 months ago
  • 9 points

Mobile sites are garbage. Most of the time a desktop site will work just fine on an iPad or an android phone. We just want the app!

• 46 months ago
  • 8 points

Why though, everyone wants an app not a mobile site. Listen to your consumers

• 46 months ago
  • 7 points

You're responding to a thread that's over 2 years old, before the mobile site even went live. An app is something we've recently begun looking at again, though its release is still behind some other feature work we have planned.

• 45 months ago
  • 3 points

yet after 2 years we still have a mobile site and no app.

• 45 months ago
  • -3 points

You're just finding small things to criticize at. Just because they said they're gonna do it, doesn't mean they're gonna do it right away. It takes time to develop a popular website like this, and how hard it is to code and back-end processing.

• 45 months ago
  • 6 points

Ya'll still working on the app? I mean it would be awesome.

• 45 months ago
  • 9 points

It's still in research mode with a few other projects slated ahead of it, but yes. It hasn't been forgotten. :)

• 45 months ago
  • 4 points

Ty.

• 77 months ago
  • 3 points

Sorry about posting this topic then. I was unaware of such a thing.

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

Mind if you can add saved pats lists then?

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

The mobile site supports saved part lists. Is there something you expected that seems to be missing?

• 60 months ago
  • 2 points

Yeah. http://m.imgur.com/0nJCGAD Edit: Nevermind, found it

• 67 months ago
  • 11 points

I agree, the mobile version is okay, but I use pc partpicker so much that I would love an ios app

• 63 months ago
  • 7 points

Me too I would love the app design for ios right now i don't prefer the mobile version.

• 62 months ago
  • 6 points

Kudos to a PCPP app. This is something I'd use daily!

• 62 months ago
  • 3 points

If I may ask, what features might you expect from an app versus our mobile site? Always curious to get such feedback. Thanks!

• 62 months ago
  • 4 points

I would like basically the same, stick with the basics. A system build, build guides, builds that are completed and part lookup.

Or you could just have just kinda build guides or completed builds you could favorite or put in an area to keep and same with the parts. It could just be more of a resource to look up and collect parts that are interesting as opposed to a full system build chart?

• 46 months ago
  • 3 points

Nonifications for price drops? Plus I hate having to open chrome just to search up pcpp and then log in to look at stuff

• 61 months ago
  • 1 point

I agree with Jttw2. Account login, system build, parts lists, and maybe price drop notifications would be all I'd want out of one.

I do computer building as part of my profession and use the mobile site regularly, it's gotten a lot better thanks to your efforts in sprucing it up. But, an app would be even more awesome.

• 50 months ago
  • 1 point

I love the mobile site, and I am very glad y'all developed it. However a iOS app would be nice.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 77 months ago
  • 5 points

I Want

• 68 months ago
  • 5 points

Any word on an iOS app?

• 68 months ago
  • 4 points

No plans at the current time for apps. Our focus is the mobile version of the site.

• 61 months ago
  • 6 points

Geez, the mobile version is fine. HTML is very limited compared to apps. Plz?

[comment deleted]
  • 55 months ago
  • 2 points

What about now?

• 55 months ago
  • 3 points

The mobile version of the site is still our main focus but we are exploring apps.

• 54 months ago
  • 5 points

I really want a app...

I personally don't like the mobile version of the site. I'm sure i'll get hate mail for saying this.

• 55 months ago
  • 2 points

Okay. Just a suggestion, but the mobile version of this site could use a better home page? Maybe a picture or two or at least there should be a clear way to access your messages/parts lists rather than those options being hidden in the swipe-in bar. Again, just a suggestion.

• 55 months ago
  • 5 points

Front Page content should be coming to the mobile site soon.

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

It's been a while... I really want this! I think it would be a great idea :)

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I found you!

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

Hey broseph

• 61 months ago
  • 2 points

IOS, Android, kindle... Anything else? Yeah! Windows phone! Also kindle is, last I checked, a heavily modified version of Android

• 77 months ago
  • 1 point

They're already working on it.

• 67 months ago
  • 1 point

yes this is a great idea!

• 67 months ago
  • 0 points

No plans for an app right now but the mobile version of the site has been live for a while now.

• 46 months ago
  • 3 points

We don't want the mobile site, we want the app

• 45 months ago
  • 3 points

True.

• 62 months ago
  • 1 point

Any word?

• 62 months ago
  • 0 points

No, nothing new to share just yet..

• 58 months ago
  • 1 point

I think it's an amazing idea! It would help for on the go

• 57 months ago
  • 1 point

I think this thread has the most views...

• 57 months ago
  • 2 points

Fairly sure it bugged out somewhere along the way.

• 56 months ago
  • 1 point

Any word on this, guys? If you do make an app, there's only a few functionalities that I really want: Offline building. That way, you can make your build offline, then update prices and what-not online. Also, a built-in browser would probably help, too, for checking prices or buying parts. For everything else, I just want what's available on the desktop site like searching for, filtering, and sorting parts.

• 56 months ago
  • 2 points

We have some higher priority items we are working on before an app will get significant development time, but based on our brainstorming so far, I'd say that off-line features will be pretty limited. Things like editing a part list or getting/showing prices will certainly require an internet connection. There are definitely some benefits to having a native mobile app that we're hoping to leverage, but off-line building isn't one of them.

[comment deleted]
  • 52 months ago
  • 1 point

That database is far too large for any phone on the market.

• 52 months ago
  • 1 point

How large is the database, in GBs in mean?

• 52 months ago
  • 2 points

Over 100GB

• 54 months ago
  • 1 point

I usually use my phone for the website so I would be glad if there was an app

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

I would absolutely love a mobile app. Instead of having to load the website every time? That would awesome.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

I sent phillip some edits on the mobile view I noticed they don't have the css for auto stretching on the icons. Really depends on what the license owner wants to do with it.

• 56 months ago
  • -1 points

Interesting how a lot of people are saying that PCPP should have an app, instead of a mobile site because websites are (apparently) not as useful, and HTML is limited.

But hang on a minute... if you use PCPP on a desktop browser, like most people would, you're using a website that uses HTML right there. No apps for desktop PC, because it doesn't need one. Are you people sure you actually want an app as opposed to a mobile website, or is it just because marketers tell you that you want apps?

Or are mobile phones really that terrible that they can never display web pages properly?

• 56 months ago
  • 3 points

As an example, I've used the apps for StarCityGames and for NewEggg and I generally find them more useful on a phone than the website. I would definitely be interested in seeing a mobile app for PCPP. I will point out though that by the time you are looking at tablets, the site should be just as good.

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

I know this is almost a year old, but honestly if the site was developed properly there shouldn't be any reason not to use the mobile site. It should be built for mobile first in my opinion. It's all about who maintains the site.

• 53 months ago
  • 1 point

Really late, but things like Newegg and the desktop PCPP site load way too much JavaScript and crash fairly easily. Apps do operate better, especially on windows phone. IE remains #1 worst browser ever.

• 51 months ago
  • 1 point

Html5...

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube