add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Please recommend a monitor

Limits
  • 33 months ago

Hi all,

My current monitor is 24 inch 1920X1200 LCD monitor which is about 9 years old. Last two months or so, it started experiencing symptoms of capacitors aging (monitor on but panel quickly shuts down and it needs either 1 hour of waiting or constant power on and off of the monitor for the panel to stay on). With each passing day, the monitor takes even longer for the panel to start up. So its time for a replacement.

Please recommed me a monitor with the following in mind:

• Preferably around the $100 to $300 mark (willing to look up to maybe $500 or more if makes sense) *$ are in Canadian dollar.
  • Needs to be IPS (I use it mainly for digital creations with the occasional gaming so speedy monitor is not key here)
  • Needs to be color accurate to a certain degree (min sRGB 100% or so)
  • Preferably QHD but will consider FHD if makes sense (No 4K since I don't want to check my software UI compatability, maybe next time)
  • Minimum 24 inch (otherwise it might feel like a downgrade from my current one, but willing to accept suggestions especially if smaller and cheaper can land me dual monitors to make up for it)
  • Preferably thin bezel for dual monitors setup

Now, I know to have a lot of those features and cramming it into a certain price range is not exactly easy, I spent a lot of time looking at different monitors and reviews too. But I want to check in with all of you here to see am I missing a few models that actually fits the bill.

Thanks a lot.

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

This would be my suggestion: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/product/YZn2FT/benq-monitor-gw2765ht

Only criteria it misses would be thin bezels - they aren't especially thick or thin. Slightly over the $300 budget, but there's a good sale on Amazon.

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

The closest I can think of in your price is the Viewsonic VP2468. 24 inches, 1080p, 60 hertz, 100% sRGB coverage. https://www.amazon.ca/ViewSonic-VP2468-Monitor-DisplayPort-DaisyChain/dp/B01HSABSGE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1505682433&sr=8-1&keywords=Viewsonic+VP2468

Viewsonic's 1440p options start at 670 Ca. I use a VP2771 though and I love it for photo editing and gaming.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks guys,

I did more research and might decide to go on the cheaper end of the price range just to at least have a monitor to replace my current one.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube