add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Unable to turn on PSU when connected to Mobo

stevedavid
  • 31 months ago

Hi, I've been having trouble turning on my build. I'm making a build based on this: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/stevedavid/saved/R2jP6h

I've checked if my PSU is functional. It doesn't have any problem. So, I know it's not the fault of PSU.

I wrote Gigabyte wondering if I have any problem with the motherboard or if I could figure out I might be doing something wrong. They told me to close CLR_CMO pins and press CLR button. However, I cannot find how to do neither of them. (I still can't even find the button) My friend told me that the case might be causing the connection problem. So, I detached it. But it didn't do anything. Can anyone give me any wise advice, video, article, etc.? I am mostly confused about closing the pins since Gigabyte doesn't tell me what it means (I asked them; they just said 'The two pins with a screwdriver made of metal or the front door key bridge in the switched off / voltage free PC state.')

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll help you out.

1- remove and components from the case. 2- place motherboard on a non conductive surface 3- install CPU, CPU cooler (plug in cooling fan to CPU_Fan header), memory, connect display to motherbard, connect KBM to motherboard rear USB, or PS/2 4- connect 24 pin ATX power connector 5- connect 4 pin CPU power connector 6- Jump start the system by shorting the power pins. (Refer to page 13 of your manual. The power pins are located in the F_Panel section of pins. Use a small flat head screw driver or other conductive material to make a temporary switch.) 7- try to get into the UEFI/BIOS by hitting the appropriate key (usually the delete key)

If you can get into the bios then something else in your build is causing it not to turn on. If it doesn't turn on you can clear the CMOS by jumping the CMOS pins listed at item 15 on page 13 of your manual. Repeat steps 6 and 7. If it still doesn't turn on then you may have a DOA board.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube