add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mobo Stuck on A2 Error Code Even With No Drives

V3N0M18
  • 32 months ago

My mobo kept getting stuck on A2 code, and the monitor wouldn't show anything. I learned that A2 means theres something wrong with a sata device, but i disconnected my only drive from the build. Now, the only sata cable left is a sata power cable for my kraken x62, and i dont think there is a problem with that, as my kraken still turns on. Does anyone know why this is happening and the fix for this?

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Boot to the UEFI with no devices plugged in if you still receive the error then it is probably a bad board, if no error is reported start rebooting to the UEFI while connecting a known good device to each SATA port independently one at a time.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I cant boot to UEFI because my monitor just falls asleep, as it receives no signal at all from the mobo. This is with all drives disconnected. Am I doing anything wrong? I just tested the build yesterday, first time I was able to boot, install windows and software, and then restart. However, when I tried to boot again later, this error started to appear.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Link your build.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point
  • 32 months ago
  • 1 point

The only thing I can recommend is to remove everything from the board except CPU, heatsing, RAM and keyboard. Clear the CMOS and try and boot to the UEFI that way. If it works you can add a drive and try to boot to windows.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

I tried this after I exchanged the Moro just in case... no luck :( I don't know what other part could be malfunctioning. CPU maybe?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube