add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mobo Doesn't Recognize Dual Channel Ram?

V3N0M18
  • 34 months ago

I was texting my parts before putting them in the case, and I noticed that when I put my two trident s rgb 8 gb sticks next to each other, they would both light up/turn on. However when I put them in dual channel, only the first slot would light up and the second wouldn't turn on. Is this an issue of the mobo or cpu? I tried booting with only one 8 gb sticks and it worked, so I believe it's a good issue. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• 34 months ago
  • 1 point

Boot to the UEFI with both sticks in the proper slots. If only one stick is recognized switch the placement of the sticks and reboot to the UEFI. If the same slot is not reporting any RAM then you have a bad RAM slot and will need to RMA the board.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube