add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cheapest and most silent cooler available

LostElement
  • 31 months ago

I have an I5-7500, but the stock cooler is both ugly, and loud as all hell.

What's the cheapest and most silent cooler I can get?

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 2 points
  • 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow. Very affordable.

[comment deleted]
  • 31 months ago
  • 1 point

As Enrico411 said, the m9i is your best bet. It's super quiet (quieter than the 212 Evo) and has good cooling performance (equitable to the 212 Evo), while being super cheap at $19.99.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

M9I it is, then. I'll order that, along with some SilentWings 2 case fans. Thanks, everyone!

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, it seems sketchy, but here is a silent cooler: the Le Grand Macho.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, I've looked at that. My case can certainly fit it. However, If I was going that high of the price range, I'd simply get the Thermalright Macho. Performs within 1c of the Noctua D15, and is as quiet as the Dark Rock Pro 3.

But I don't need a beast cooler, I just want a quiet one for now. Later, when I have money to throw around, I'll throw in the Cooler Master V8 GTS for the simple fact it looks beastly. But that won't be for a while.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

The V8 GTS looks like it was built on Cybertron.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, but it looks badass, doesn't it?

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

I expect it to transform and roll out...

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I got the sketchy impression from this forum thread. Take a look.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Well yeah, its a 225W CPU with passive cooling. Of course its going to do out right terrible. Thats why I selected it. But for something that isn't crazy when it comes to heat like a locked i5 it will be plenty of good enough.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I was trying to "improve" a system (make it as bad, dangerous and incompatible as possible).

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

You have a lot of options if you watch the speeds of the fans and limit them to 1350rpm.

The Cryorig H7 runs at 25db which is nearly silent.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you want completely silent? Then happy browsing.

I went to Arctic's website, and they list fanless CPU cooler for LGA1151: Arctic Alpine 11 for $12. I don't think you can get anything much chear. And definitely not quieter :D

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

The Alpine 11 is only recommended for up to 47W TDPs though, and the i5-7500 has a 65W TDP.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks. I didn't find this info on the website under the "Technical Data" section. I did some more detailed research and found it in the support section in the Spec Sheet

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube