add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Screen goes black and GPU fans speed up

TauntScorpion
  • 35 months ago

I recently built a new PC and my GPU has failed and my screen goes black and fans go on max speed. This normally only happens whilst playing graphic intense games but recently it happened when I woke my PC.

I have a gigabyte geforce gtx 1070 g1 GPU, a 850 watt PSU and gigabyte z170x-ud5 motherboard.

Thanks for any response.

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Check the PSU. I had a similar issues a few years back. Turns out there was a short in the PSU side of the PCIe power connector.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you use any software to control your fans such as MSI's Afterburner? Some if not most software that has the ability to control the system fans have failsafes built into them that will set your fans to 100% if the program crashes or is closed. If the system is crashing they would do the same thing.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube