add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
nijunhiju
  • 35 months ago

Hi guys, I'm planning to upgrade my 4 years old pc, and I'm wondering how should you decide to buy a used pc part. My old rig us using an i5 oced to 4.5 ghz, gtx 770 lightning edition, 1 ssd and hdd, 16gb of rams, and 650 watts psu. So over the past few months, I got a gtx 1080 waterforce water block, d5 pump, cpu wb, ram wb, 2x 360mm rad, 120mm rad, thermalrake core x71, 10 rgb fans, x99 board, 4x4gb ddr4, 500gb ssd and reused my psu, old hdd and ssd. Now, the cpu is the only part thst i need. Im looking at the i7 6800k ans 5820k, which should i buy? I dont think new is worth the extra money, so I'm thinking of buying a used cpu, any tips on these 2 cpus on ebay, At what price is reasonable for a used cpu?

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

the 6800k is newer and marginally better than the 5820k so i would go for that one, as far as a good price for used cpus, anything that you consider a good deal compared to retail. i.e. if i can choose between a fully functioning cpu for 400 retail or 350/360, sure i'll save the 40-50 dollars, but is a ten dollar difference worth it to you is really the question. go for as cheap as you can so long as the posting says it is in working condition and has no damage and you should be good. go for 6800k over 5820K unless you somehow manage to find a 5820 dirt cheap compared to the 6800k's which is possible as its significantly older than the 6800k

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube