add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Just built my PC - ASRock Z270 Giving Error A2

tigger3370
  • 37 months ago

Just built my new using this parts list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bYfW8K

No matter what I do, I keep getting error A2 - which is something to do with SATA devices. I've done the following Disconnected all my SATA devices Removed the MSI 1070 graphics card I've hooked the monitor using HDMI to the MB graphics ports and I get nothing on my screen I've reseated the CPU Removed all memory and put one back in the A2 slot

Any thought/suggestions? This is my first time building a PC and maybe I'm just overlooking something easy (like when I forgot to plug in the CPU power to the MB!)

Thanks.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

For you motherboard, codes A0-A7 are all related to SATA devices. Make sure you've updated the motherboards SATA 3 driver, check the connection, try different cables and ports.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi. I was an idiot and figured it out. I had no display screen so I couldn't tell what was going on. Once I checked my monitor and realized I had the input set to the wrong port, I could see that everything was working! Duh!

I'm still working on getting the XMP settings to work and have it realized my memory is 3733 and not 2133.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Just make sure to fully test the PC with everything at stock before enabling XMP. Anything beyond 2133 is technically an overclock and like all overclocks it's not guaranteed to be 100% stable. Although it, I've had to help people deal with mysterious problem that led back to a bad XMP profile, or poor compatibility between motherboard and XMP.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube