add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Just a thought, can you replace the fan on the Stock Intel's heatsink?

LostElement
  • 35 months ago

Essentially what the title says. I cannot find anything relating to it. I think it's a 92mm fan, however, I don't know if you can just slap on a different fan on the heatsink.

Why would I want to this this? Eh, I think this is just a nice to know thing. Maybe one day I'll decide to have fun with a PC that has this horrendously ugly cooler :P

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

If you can, it'd be more work than it's worth.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

True. Even still, it's fun to entertain the thought.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

There would be a lot involved. Removing plastic, electric work, etc.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Looking at the stock cooler, it looks like it's just as simple as modeling a new housing and 3D printing it. A lot of work, won't be worth it in the end, but still a possibly fun challenge to tackle.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Well you have to make sure that the thing has enough power to run a different fan and that it won't ruin the mechanics that make it move.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Nah, remove the fan and housing completely to where it just has the bare heatsink.

Then model a new housing so it can support other 92mm fans.

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

or a bit of ducktape and a screwdriver c:

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

Possible? Yes. Worth the effort? Hell no.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube